XSR 700 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I'm UFC fighter Ben 10 Nguyen coming out of Australia. I've been lurking here on the forums for a bit. I've always been eyeing the XSR700 since it was released and finally I was able to snag my new steed after my win in November.

Lately, I've been obsessed with modding my XSR700 and turning it into my own. Here's my list of mods:

-Yamaha aluminium number plate
-Yamaha tank grips
-Akrapovic double exhaust
-SW-Motech headlight cover
-SW-Motech front fork slider
-Puig retro frame slider
-R&G rear spindle spools
-Evotech rear tail tidy
-shaved seat

·
Registered
400 Posts
I'm glad you got it in green since that is just about the best color for the XSR. Some might not like how british it makes the XSR looks but for this style of bike, to me it can't be beat.

How much did you end up paying out the door? I bet you probably walked in with a suitcase of cash after that win :D

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm glad you got it in green since that is just about the best color for the XSR. Some might not like how british it makes the XSR looks but for this style of bike, to me it can't be beat.

How much did you end up paying out the door? I bet you probably walked in with a suitcase of cash after that win :D
I got her for 11000 AUD. I was a bit hesitant at first but I rode outta there with a grin from ear to ear.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How comfortable is the shaved seat? Did you add one of those gel pads to make up for the reduction in foam?
It's alright I think we took off too much and made it too flat. Sometimes I feel like my junk gets crushed up against the tank. I might get my mate to adjust it down the road but overall I'm happy I can touch the floor alright.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey Ben,

It might be worth checking the rear preload, if you're still in Bantamweight, the preload may be better a little lower.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey Ben,

It might be worth checking the rear preload, if you're still in Bantamweight, the preload may be better a little lower.
One weight class down actually, Flyweight. I'll look into that and also I'm looking into getting the Ohlins rear shock.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts