XSR 700 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2016 SV headlight requires a £12 bulb when it inevitably fails. It has failed once in 6 years/34k miles. My 2022 XSR700 requires a £380 replacement headlamp assembly if it fails. Let's hope it doesn't fail.

I should add that by Kawasaki standards, the Yam's headlamp is a bargain - the Z900RS headlamp was £1200 new.

·
Registered
'22
16 Posts
Funny you started a topic about this... I was just thinking about adding a PPF (paint protection film) to my '22 headlight, in an attempt to save it from little rock chips, or worse.
Anybody who has experience with this?

As much as I love the amount of light it gives, if it ever fails I'd probably just replace it with a generic LED light to be honest... Not going to pay that sort of money for a headlight.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I had a stone or something similar pop a hole right through the centre of my headlight lens. I replaced the whole lot for a generic one off the net for a fraction of the price, a nice simple fit for the older xsr.
Re the film thing, my mrs put some of that on her phone after she cracked the screen, it holds it together and it works ok. Not sure if it would stop a stone from cracking your lens though..

·
Registered
739 Posts
I think for the kind of money they want for the LED set ups I'd be opting for a mesh headlight guard or the like. Sometimes progress in equipment may not be progress in economical materials.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Or perhaps a polycarbonate shield, should be a little easier to clean than a mesh grill.
That is what I fitted to my Z900RS. I looked for a similar product for the XSR but haven't found one yet but since the headlight is flat fronted cutting a piece of mylar or acrylic sheet should be straightforward (maybe :) )

1 - 8 of 8 Posts