XSR 700 Forums banner

41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
I bought the bike because it had the majority of the look I wanted and was built to customise ,after all the neoretro styling and ease to change things was the whole selling point Yamaha used for this bike. How you stock fellas like the look of the motion sensor/burglar alarm/Cctv camera plonked on the rear I’ll never know. But If you like it cool. I don’t think the bike was designed to be stock. A mixing bowl for a headlight. The biggest cheapest indicators they could find. The scooter exhaust. Yard built is the whole idea. So my street scrambler noisy hooligan bike is just where it’s at for me. Loud pipes may save lives but they make me smile every time I hear or rev it. Stock or not who cares. It’s well crafted and fun no matter what you do with it. Ps skids are cool.

·
Registered
26 Posts
If you are going to do the fork gaiters, most suggest you do fork covers to. may as well have it all blacked out. See these two threads. MT-07 has official parts for black fork covers, and you need rivets and o rings too. Would get them all done at the same time.

You can PM any of the guys that did the job.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Yes it definitely looks better with the covers as well. Pardon my ignorance and
laziness in not looking it up but what do I need the o rings and rivets for?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Does anyone have experience with following amazon indicators:

Can they be installed on the stock brackets (front as well as back)?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Does anyone have experience with following amazon indicators:

Can they be installed on the stock brackets (front as well as back)?
You will need something like this:

and this:

·
Registered
11 Posts
I am eyeing at combining the blinker setup above with the following, creating a ~300€ Light Replacement.

·
Registered
149 Posts
@Wulf thanks for your feedback.
So if I follow you correctly this should to the trick for front and tail, roughly 115€:
View attachment 24743
View attachment 24745
Everything is ok. I'm just not sure about the relay, I tried an adjustable one that would supposedly work, but the blinking light on the dashboard was out of sincro respecting the blinkers and the front repecting the rear. I got the Puig one and it worked like a charm. I'm not an electronic expert at all, but I suspect the kind of blinker is involved.
This is my blinkers and relay set up:

·
Registered
147 Posts
Could also use a blinker genie to keep the running lights up front. Also TST has the nicest little relay.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I bought the bike because I like the way it looks for sure. Also, the crossplane engine sold me, I was watching videos of people literally squealing with surprise while testing the XSR700. I thought... this bike has a retro, yet weirdo future esthetic, a torquey twin engine, and it's not going to break the bank... perfect!

I mostly won't change much, but I did do a tail tidy. The Yoshimura tail tidy keeps the fender, light & blinkers, but only gets rid of the extra junk hanging down. I like the tail light, but I'm thinking about getting round blinkers maybe. I really don't like the blinkers, they seem like spare parts that Yamaha uses on everything... they don't go with the look of the bike. I also hate the mirrors, they're hard to adjust and don't stay put... and are ugly. But not sure what I'd replace them with.

As for pipes, I really like being stealth. By the time people realize I"m lane splitting, I'm already gone with no road rage. However.... it does seem to be begging to sing! But I don't want anything ear-splitting, it really pisses people off and is deafening on longer rides. I may get something to let the throat-singer in this bike out, and also to get rid of the extra bulk hanging down underneath. But nothing too loud, it causes more road-rage when riding in New York City.

Anyhow... here's the Yoshimura tail tidy. It might appeal to those of you who like the retro fender in the back...
YoshiTail.jpeg

·
Registered
147 Posts
I bought the bike because I like the way it looks for sure. Also, the crossplane engine sold me, I was watching videos of people literally squealing with surprise while testing the XSR700. I thought... this bike has a retro, yet weirdo future esthetic, a torquey twin engine, and it's not going to break the bank... perfect!

I mostly won't change much, but I did do a tail tidy. The Yoshimura tail tidy keeps the fender, light & blinkers, but only gets rid of the extra junk hanging down. I like the tail light, but I'm thinking about getting round blinkers maybe. I really don't like the blinkers, they seem like spare parts that Yamaha uses on everything... they don't go with the look of the bike. I also hate the mirrors, they're hard to adjust and don't stay put... and are ugly. But not sure what I'd replace them with.

As for pipes, I really like being stealth. By the time people realize I"m lane splitting, I'm already gone with no road rage. However.... it does seem to be begging to sing! But I don't want anything ear-splitting, it really pisses people off and is deafening on longer rides. I may get something to let the throat-singer in this bike out, and also to get rid of the extra bulk hanging down underneath. But nothing too loud, it causes more road-rage when riding in New York City.

Anyhow... here's the Yoshimura tail tidy. It might appeal to those of you who like the retro fender in the back...
View attachment 24756
View attachment 24756
Hi Erika, you do know Yoshi made an xsr700 specific y series exhaust.

Yoshimura XSR700 Y-Series Full Exhaust System

41 - 58 of 58 Posts