XSR 700 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
I could be tempted but then I see a few things that might not work for me: seat seems very spartan (hard, little padding) and the windscreen while probably effective just looks unbalanced, too upright :frown2:
The gas tank at 16L would be welcome, also the increased suspension travel. But that is a totally different bike and pretty much shares only the engine with the XSR700. Looks and ride feel are in a different category.
I wonder if the bashplate would fit our bikes?

·
Super Moderator
620 Posts
If I was planning a global tour, I might be tempted....well done to Yamaha for producing a serious off roader/all rounder. It should be lighter (and cheaper) than Triumph's multitude of Tiger 800 models, cheaper than BMW's F850GS, and cheaper and more reliable than KTMs. It's good to see some healthy competition in the mid-sized, off road capable adventure market.

I wonder whether they'll follow up with a 'soft roader' for the likes of me, who enjoy the ergonomics and practicality of adventure bikes but don't have much opportunity to leave the tarmac. Of course, there's always the Tracer 700....but, let's face it, it's really not that pretty! Now, if Honda brought out an 750-800cc Africa Twin......

Update.....here we are 3 months on and I've just bought a Tracer! And now I think it's really quite pretty!

·
Registered
219 Posts
all they changed were the handlebars, fork covers, tires, and brake light. I want a bash plate for my scrambler!
don't forget the relocation of the speedometer :wink2:
Seriously the differences are just cosmetic and indeed a bashplate is what I desire for my ride too. I wonder if the Tenere's will fit; same engine, right?
I already have the fork covers, and tires.

·
Super Moderator
620 Posts
The Tenere 700 has been a long time coming, so hopefully it's been thoroughly tested. I think it deserves to be a success - I doubt the need for heavy, vast displacement, hugely powerful dual purpose bikes. They really aren't practical off-road. I'd like to try out the Tenere ......"Away, Satan, don't tempt me with another bike!"

·
Registered
42 Posts
Just seen the official pics on Yamaha's EU site. Anyone here tempted?>:)
yeah very tempted. I'm thinking about trading in the XSR and just getting one do it all type of bike.

was down at my local Yamaha dealer a couple of days ago and asked him when he would be getting the Tenere 700 into the shop
"dunno pal" was the answer, "Yamaha have been talking about this bike for over three years..maybe July..Maybe September..dunno what year though"

·
Registered
320 Posts
Yamaha has dropped the ball on this one!
But im hoping they have an ace up there sleeve.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Yamaha has dropped the ball on this one!
exactly right my friend. the local dealer stocks KTM bikes as well and i was swiftly steered over towards the 790 adventure R. i resisted all temptation.
by the time Yamaha get their act together though i will caved in AND saved up the extra cash needed.

·
Registered
219 Posts
exactly right my friend. the local dealer stocks KTM bikes as well and i was swiftly steered over towards the 790 adventure R. i resisted all temptation.
by the time Yamaha get their act together though i will caved in AND saved up the extra cash needed.
if KTM reliability was as good as Yamaha I would be tempted myself...

·
Registered
320 Posts
They had themself set up for an homerun but fumbled!
But let's hope they redeem themselves.

The KTM is so ugly that it hurts!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts