XSR 700 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey. Does anybody use a tailbag on their XSR? I've got a little trip planned later in the year and need something to carry some things. I've thought about panniers too but don't really know the route to go.
I'd like something that doesn't leave too much on the bike, I like the look of the Kriega stuff.

·
Registered
216 Posts
SW MOTEC blaze do an awesome set of pannier bags that just leave a very small mounting clip on the back of the passenger pillion foot pegs.

All you do is slide in a support bar into the small clip on the pillion peg and then slide the bag over the bar.
Pricy but worth it for ease of use plus they expand in size by undoing a zip.

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks

Thanks that could be perfect. It's definitely an option. I see they're on a MT07, are they good for our bikes too?

·
Registered
216 Posts
Well i have emailed them to confirm but ive had no reply......

·
Registered
191 Posts
IMHO, those look totally out of character on the xsr. Ok for the mt07, but not for a "heritage" type bike. These, also from sw motech, look much better. Total volume, 27L. If not enough, they also make a passenger seat bag that will hold over 40L. Look at their site. Some vendors on eBay will give you a discount. http://shop.sw-motech.com/cgi-bin/cosmoshop/lshop.cgi?action=showdetail&wkid=148764249421478&ls=en&nc=1487642494-21478&rubnum=brands.yamaha.xsr700&artnum=BC.HTA.06.642.20000&id=33&gesamt_zeilen=Tshowrub--brands.yamaha.xsr700&typid=244997595

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They do look great and their gear has a good reputation. However, nearly £500 is a bit above budget at the moment!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm looking at the Shad SH36. They are good for the mt07, but I have to check with them. The good thing is that the helmet fits. But as I installed the tail tidy I don't know if they will fit. Has anyone tried those?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts