XSR 700 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So being 60 and suffering this week from medical stuff, I got after the bike with a bit of abandonment. Check out my re-tardy tail, cost $0 dollars, and about an hour mostly laying on the cardboard on the garage floor contemplating what a cool life I've had and hope this works out so somebody else can get some no cost fun out of it

pic6.thumb.jpg.33ef59c845ccb9ce44eb3e864cbc11ed.jpg

IMG_20200910_200935235.thumb.jpg.af78501a6da86bfbda0f48ea852c7118.jpg

IMG_20200910_200952385.thumb.jpg.7dca5cf63e4ad3ce3b118c951de70156.jpg

Yes I wanted the BIG turn signals, I want my bike to shout at cars I'M HERE DAMINT. Actually wish the bike had more retro stuff, I'm contemplating some powdercoat and fabrication of ancient looking Yamaha cues from the RD400 days, just before that Kaw GPZ550 came out and turned everything upside down (actually I loved that GPZ550, it was my hot ride, and it ushered in the entire 600 middleweight class of motorcycles!) Not to mention it gave us one of the greatest bike genre names ever - it was the first NINJA. Ya baby.

Well if anybody thinks this is something other than dog poop I'll publish the steps how to do it, for zero bucks.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Well, looks like you changed the exhaust, which besides being quiet is tuned flawlessly, by the tuning fork company. I said I liked the blinkers and didn't mind the tail either. Let's see if you haven't changed your mind in a season or two. My little LEDs are way brighter than the old blinkers, and up front I have them wired to shine as daytime runners with the headlight. Nothing less safe about them. But yes, if you never change the tail that's cool too. I'm sure Yamaha's hand was forced to put that big tail on for compliance. Our US pumpkin blinkers were for compliance too.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Let's see if you haven't changed your mind in a season
I was ready to change them the first time I saw the bike on the Yamaha showroom. They look like one of those automatic speed trap jack-azz traps they park on the side of the road in Texas. We drag them off and use them as party favors haha.

Point me at your blinks, I will do them right after I finish this major front brake mod/reveal I'm working on.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks good, especially for free.

Wanna sell that stock exhaust? Where in Texas?
Let me keep stock exhaust long enough to make sure I can get through license plate emissions compliance check. If Yoshi passes, you can have my OEM exhaust.

One condition, find that person who lives under the freeway, give em $20 and tell them get something to eat.

·
Registered
177 Posts

and need:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

and need:
I'll hit you up again when I'm ready to do the mod my friend! My memories of tips and tricks don't always stick so good any more

1 - 8 of 8 Posts