XSR 700 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

first of all, sorry if you've already discussed about this topic in another thread but I haven't found any information about this.

I just got my XSR700 and I'm looking for a new handlebar. I saw there's a thread about this where you suggest some handlebars like Rizoma or JVB...

The thing is that I feel like the handlebar position is quite and the riding position is kind of weird for me.

I'm thinking about installing a lower handlebar mounts in order fix that issue and this could probably be a good opportunity to switch to a 22mm mounts and replace the 28/22mm handlebar for just a more common 22mm handlebar. It looks like it's easier to find 22mm handlebars than fatbar ones...

I was just wondering if that's possible and if any of you guys tried that on your bike and make sure there's any issue with the handlebar contacting the tank on turning.

thoughts?

Thanks!

·
Registered
48 Posts
There shouldn't be an issue with the bars fouling the tank...my replacements are lower and still have plenty of clearance ...fat bars are supposed to be stronger and also better at damping vibration, and once you factor the cost of new 22mm risers I think it would just be cheaper and easier to source suitable fat bars...but if you want to do it , I can't see any real issue ..

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply Gedge!

It makes sense that fatbars are stronger as almost every offroad bikes have fatbars...

At this point I don't know what it fits better for me. I'd probably order a JVB kit with mounts and fatbar.

thanks!

·
Premium Member
327 Posts
Thanks for your reply Gedge!

It makes sense that fatbars are stronger as almost every offroad bikes have fatbars...

At this point I don't know what it fits better for me. I'd probably order a JVB kit with mounts and fatbar.

thanks!
I've got some Lsl fatbars on order which are of a lower rise as i don't like how raised mine are, they've been on order for two weeks now though...
A few on here already have them, a member called 'Pinion' on here was good enough to tell me the specs to order some:grin2:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've got some Lsl fatbars on order which are of a lower rise as i don't like how raised mine are, they've been on order for two weeks now though...
A few on here already have them, a member called 'Pinion' on here was good enough to tell me the specs to order some:grin2:
Hi Yamaboy,

I saw Pinion's bike and it looks awesome. Just to confirm - The handlebar we're talking about it's the LSL X01? It looks like it's called differently depending on the seller.

https://spieglerusa.com/controls/ha...handlebars/x-bar-handlebar-cross-bar-4488.htm

https://www.louis.eu/artikel/lsl-x-bar-handlebar-ax01-abe/10021611

http://www.modelikocaferacers.com/m...-aluminio-negro-lsl-superbike-plano-28mm.html

1 - 7 of 7 Posts