XSR 700 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. Anyone out there have any solutions for carrying golf clubs on their XSR? I had thought of a surf board attachment, anyone done that successfully? Im so keen to rock up at the golf club, shoes in my backpack and clubs on the moto. Hope to hear from some XSR genius.
Thank you . Ride well
JD

·
Registered
771 Posts
Did you do any searches on Google or the like? I know they're done. Probably most are self built. I'd think with the passenger peg mounts and the robust rear frame loop with tabs could do the job easy enough. I'll probably look in Google since I mentioned it, just to see.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Did you do any searches on Google or the like? I know they're done. Probably most are self built. I'd think with the passenger peg mounts and the robust rear frame loop with tabs could do the job easy enough. I'll probably look in Google since I mentioned it, just to see.
Thank you so much for a helpful reply, surf board attachments are quite easy to source, but your suggestions of where to attach are great ideas. Thanks again 👍

·
Registered
771 Posts
I saw one that mounted the clubs centered, blocking the brake/tail light, but they had an LED brake/tail light that plugged into the bike. One could be made with a frame loop from passenger peg mount to passenger peg mount and a couple stays from the rear fender mount areas of the seat loop. If you have someone who could do up some fabrication it could be done.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I saw one that mounted the clubs centered, blocking the brake/tail light, but they had an LED brake/tail light that plugged into the bike. One could be made with a frame loop from passenger peg mount to passenger peg mount and a couple stays from the rear fender mount areas of the seat loop. If you have someone who could do up some fabrication it could be done.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

·
Registered
315 Posts
Part of would depend on what kind of bag you use and if you want to transport a roller or not. My wife's bag zips up fully, so no worries about blowing the club covers off at speed. And do you want this secure enough for the A1 type roads, or just lower speed secondary roads? A normal rear rack and a fabricated U to strap the bag to would likely be secure enough with some Rok Straps for lower speeds and shorter distances.

Some examples of carriers - 2x2 Cycles A side mount idea - LINK Something like this could possibly be adapted - LINK Or just a golf backpack like THIS.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Part of would depend on what kind of bag you use and if you want to transport a roller or not. My wife's bag zips up fully, so no worries about blowing the club covers off at speed. And do you want this secure enough for the A1 type roads, or just lower speed secondary roads? A normal rear rack and a fabricated U to strap the bag to would likely be secure enough with some Rok Straps for lower speeds and shorter distances.

Some examples of carriers - 2x2 Cycles A side mount idea - LINK Something like this could possibly be adapted - LINK Or just a golf backpack like THIS.
Brilliant links, great ideas, Cheers Eric. Im not worried about clubs falling out, got that sorted. Im a minimalist, six clubs max, only ever carry, no trollies or push carts. So just my bag and clubs. Will have a backpack with golf shoes in, so ideally need a side mount. Thanks so much for taking time to reply. Cheers again. John

·
Registered
315 Posts
For six clubs... I would be tempted to swing by the plumbing outlet and purchase a length of PVC tube large enough, an end cap to glue on, PVC glue if you don't already have some, and some quality band clamps. A simple pannier mount would probably work from there.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts