XSR 700 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I've seen lots of suggestions for replacement LED turn lights on the forum, but I'm looking for non-LED ones that would just allow a simple switching of the signals hardware themselves, no wiring, relays, etc.

And, I don't want to bother with getting a ticket because I modified for LED (there is murky interpretation of what is allowed or not as motorcycle mods, in the Province of Quebec, Canada).

Anyone has nice ones to recommend? On another thread I saw the 'Arizona' ones (link), they are very nice but the 21W bulb seems to be a problem (need 10W on the XSR).

Suggestions?

·
Registered
530 Posts
What I am asking me is, if there is such a stressing in Quebec regarding some turn signals, does it even make sense to think about it?

I use those linked Arizona turn signals on the back side. They are nice, machined with a metal housing. But they are not absolutely watertight. After an extended tour in the wet or intense washing, you will find water in them.
They are equipped with a halogen bulb. There is no messing up with the OEM relais. But you need the adapter wiring harness or have to crimp the plugs.

If I would go and buy them again? I think no.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
What I am asking me is, if there is such a stressing in Quebec regarding some turn signals, does it even make sense to think about it?

I use those linked Arizona turn signals on the back side. They are nice, machined with a metal housing. But they are not absolutely watertight. After an extended tour in the wet or intense washing, you will find water in them.
They are equipped with a halogen bulb. There is no messing up with the OEM relais. But you need the adapter wiring harness or have to crimp the plugs.

If I would go and buy them again? I think no.
Thanks for the information! For me, it's the wiggling of the stock signals that drive me nuts :frown2:

I would so much like to find a nice, sturdy, proper replacement that is not LED and that I could install myself (don't wanna mess with wiring). My dealer has proposed to install the certified Yamaha LED turn signals, but they are very expensive and the hourly charge is steep (they ask for three hours).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts