XSR 700 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Stock Blinkers Wiggling / Shaking Help?

My friends tell me that when I am riding in front of them, they see my blinkers wiggling and vibrating and shaking like crazy. Is there a way I could make them more stable, less "springy"?

Besides changing blinkers, which here in Canada could be a problem (any non-stock parts can be the subject of a ticket, if they are not certified by Transport Canada or whatnot - the only option is to buy the very expensive Yamaha blinkers).

Suggestions?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, I checked mine they are flexible to I expect that the shaking is normal?

I think it's normal to a point, but compared to other motorcycles they shake way, way more. Three different people riding with me, at different times, have mentioned this to me! It's perhaps a low quality blinker that Yamaha choose... :crying:

·
Registered
309 Posts
In the olden days, blinkers were mounted to the frames. Now the rear ends are slim and trim and not much meat to mount things to, so combined with huge signals and a smallish mounting area, they are left in the wind to shake, rattle and roll. Only solution is to be lighter, but that seems to be a problem with you in Canada. And I thought DOT was strict, of course no one checks down here.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts