XSR 700 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My first question and I don't get the bike for 6 days! I will be looking to move the footrests slightly (on a 2022 model), they're in the way when I come to a stop. I saw these on the webike site (a Japanese site).

If I understand it correctly, this will move the whole footrest/gear shift/brake pedal assembly backwards by an inch/25mm.

My question is has the frame and footrest mountings changed between (say) the 2020 models and the 2022 models? I have emailed Yamaha with the same question and I'll post their answer if they respond.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Hi,
after extensive research, looking at a photo of Erics 2022 and my 2016, I reckon they are exactly the same.
I did wonder for a while where do my legs go when I'm sat on the bike. I have no idea whether I rest them in front or behind the pegs, or maybe just straddle them. They do seem to be a bit in the way but it has never bothered me, they are comfy when on the move.
I then got side tracked by rear sets of which there are one or two out there which would put them right out of the way and give you a different riding stance. You would get an upside down 'racing box' with those though.
What I always say is go and enjoy the bike when you get it, they are good fun and work out what you want as you go along. :)

·
Registered
707 Posts
I simply have my legs out at the end of the pegs. I, personally, wouldn't want my pegs higher or further back. It might be interesting to see what it would be like to have a forward shift of about an inch. Not sure if that would be enough move to clear the pegs with one's legs.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I do understand what you're talking about, but honestly, just ride the bike for a while before you start making changes. We all have to adjust to a new to us bike and you will too. I don't find it to be a big deal, though I did notice it at first. I don't believe there is any change in position from 20 to 22, and I do own a '22. Making changes before you even get the bike in ergonomics doesn't give you time to actually see how you settle into it.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I simply have my legs out at the end of the pegs. I, personally, wouldn't want my pegs higher or further back. It might be interesting to see what it would be like to have a forward shift of about an inch. Not sure if that would be enough move to clear the pegs with one's legs.
Gilles do a set that you can adjust forward as well as back

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Gilles do a set that you can adjust forward as well as back
Yes, Yamaha dealers sell them too.

I emailed this dealer to ask if it fits all model years. The advantage of the link (to the product) in my first post is that it retains all the original controls which makes it much less expensive. My friend has a 2018 MT07 so I may have to wait until my XSR arrives and I can do some comparison measurements.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts