XSR 700 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a slow speed accident. my front is not straight. I checked rear alignment. I loosed middle pinch bolts and move front end up and down. Still off. any suggestions?
Thanks

·
Registered
2018 XSR700
238 Posts
I would consider unweighting the front end (straps to ceiling) ?
Then loosening ALL the fork clamp bolts, and phisically spinning the tubes within the tree.
That should confirm that they are not "twist bound", and not bent.
You should be able to grip them with your bare hands and spin them, when the clamp bolts are loose.

·
Registered
530 Posts
I had a slow speed accident. my front is not straight. I checked rear alignment. I loosed middle pinch bolts and move front end up and down. Still off. any suggestions?
Thanks
it is a little wishful thinking, that everything gets right after loosening the screws. Generally a good try, loosen the tripl clamps screws, even the wheels axle can be loosened. All just a bit, with some residual bite, and then pump and compress on the brake the forks, hoping something is getting off, what was twisted by the accident.

As said, mostly wishful that thinking, often the handlebar is bended or what happens else, the handlebar clamps. One of those bolts, one per clamp, the through the upper triple, can be bandy. Can be seen when both clamps are dismantled and put next each other.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts