XSR 700 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm looking to buy this bag for my XSR 700 and I think I might have found a very good deal. I was wondering does anybody have them on? They seem quite rare compared to other bags, is there a specific reason? And if you have them, what's your experience with those? Thank you soo much in advance! 馃檹馃槂

In my case, I'd put on only one on the left side since on the right side I got a tall Akrapovic system.

See the photo of the bag from Yamaha's website
Brown Luggage and bags Bag Rectangle Sleeve

Registered
I have them, they came with the bike from the previous owner. Expensive but a nice fit and and lockable to the bike (not unstealable). I have one on each side and i have enjoyed them a lot. I use it to carry different things such as a cap, lunchbox, washing products, chain lube, extra shoes, first aid kit. The bike certainly has a cleaner look without them but i have yet to take them off since i like riding without a backpack..

The bags are hanging off of a "bag rack" that are connected to each other at the rear, they are not independent. I would look into the ability to use that in conjunction with a high mounted exhaust before buying!

Registered
2017 Yamaha XSR 700
If you want an another idea, my bike came with SW Motech's LS2 Legend Gear bags from the previous owner. They're not -quite- as retro looking, but fit the styling of the bike quite well, and they mount with a quick release rail system that's really convinient. Plus they're larger and not as expensive (though nearly).

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have them, they came with the bike from the previous owner. Expensive but a nice fit and and lockable to the bike (not unstealable). I have one on each side and i have enjoyed them a lot. I use it to carry different things such as a cap, lunchbox, washing products, chain lube, extra shoes, first aid kit. The bike certainly has a cleaner look without them but i have yet to take them off since i like riding without a backpack..

The bags are hanging off of a "bag rack" that are connected to each other at the rear, they are not independent. I would look into the ability to use that in conjunction with a high mounted exhaust before buying!
Thank you so much for the feedback, I ended up buying the one I was negotiating and just installed it yesterday. It is indeed very small, but I really do like the look of it and since I do not plan to do traveling on my bike I'm okay with that size (8 Liters). It fits a jacket or two and that is all I need. Here is a picture, when it will stop raining I'll take it for a ride and post some more. Ps: installing it was very very easy.

Sleeve Automotive design Grey Bag Material property
Tire Fuel tank Wheel Automotive fuel system Vehicle

Registered
Thank you so much for the feedback, I ended up buying the one I was negotiating and just installed it yesterday. It is indeed very small, but I really do like the look of it and since I do not plan to do traveling on my bike I'm okay with that size (8 Liters). It fits a jacket or two and that is all I need. Here is a picture, when it will stop raining I'll take it for a ride and post some more. Ps: installing it was very very easy.

View attachment 27177 View attachment 27178
Good choice. Yeah rain cover is a nice touch. The bag also works with an evotech tail tidy, just fyi!

Registered
Are there some racks and bags that don't? I have the evotech tail tidy, so I would need to be aware of this when looking at racks and bags, if it is indeed an issue.
Hi,
I think the only issue that may occur is on the Evotech tail tidy the indicators are moved forward quite a bit, although you can move them back if you want. Which may or may not get in the way of some luggage systems. :unsure:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts