XSR 700 Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy, just figured I'd make a "I did this so you don't have to" post.

I figured there was a slim chance it'd work, but I ordered some of the Yamaha radiator side covers for my 2022 (listed as being compatible with '18 - '21). However the mounting holes are in totally the wrong location. See the attached photos.

I should've been able to spot this from the product photos but I had just fitted the radiator guard meant for a 2021 with no problem, so I glossed over it.

Anyway, hope this info helps someone else out. There's such little info on accessory compatibility for the 2022, so it's a lot of guesswork.
Hand Hood Bumper Automotive tire Automotive exterior

Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire Bumper Sports equipment

Font Material property Gas Cable Label

·
Registered
63 Posts
Doh! :rolleyes:

Sometimes a gamble like that pays off but Yamaha have made lots of subtle upgrades to the XSR over the years haven’t they! Mine is a 2021 MY and is different to my mates 2016 and different again to the newer 2022 facelift.:unsure:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Doh! :rolleyes:

Sometimes a gamble like that pays off but Yamaha have made lots of subtle upgrades to the XSR over the years haven’t they! Mine is a 2021 MY and is different to my mates 2016 and different again to the newer 2022 facelift.:unsure:
Yeah that's how it goes. Hopefully I can return them but if not I'm sure someone where would want to buy them. Oh well!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Looks like Yamaha have done away with the separate side cover brackets so now the side covers attach directly to the mount holes the brackets used to attach to. Hence the rad guard still fitting.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
There are no changes since 2016 XSR, see

View attachment 27647

You just do not have these brackets, ask here in the forum, if there are left overs?
Right that's what we figured out above ^^. The 2022 doesn't actually come with those brackets.

Good suggestion though. I'll put up a WTB post, maybe someone has some that wouldn't be $160 to buy.

·
Registered
24 Posts
You're missing a part that goes between the cover and the radiator.
Parts 13 and 16 in the diagram.
Slope Font Art Pattern Drawing

Reactions: macc-attacc

·
Registered
280 Posts
@macc-attacc - If you are successful, where do you plan on mounting the turn signals? It would appear that the stock side panel would need to be deleted in order to add the prior model year brackets and new side covers, thus eliminating the original turn signal mounts.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
@macc-attacc - If you are successful, where do you plan on mounting the turn signals? It would appear that the stock side panel would need to be deleted in order to add the prior model year brackets and new side covers, thus eliminating the original turn signal mounts.
Oh I've actually already added aftermarket turn signals!

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive tire

Wheel Tire Fuel tank Automotive tire Bicycle handlebar

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire

These are the ones I used if anyone's interested:

Just cut the stock wiring on the light side of the connector and spliced these in.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts