XSR 700 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

I'm thinking of swapping to a single seat as I think it looks better! Can anyone who's already got one let me know if the single seat is the same thickness as the standard one please etc? Just wanting to keep my backside comfy is all!

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
115 Posts
Hello mate,

It is pretty much exactly the same, although, it is quite firm.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I swear stock seats weren't created to be comfortable after an hour. On a high note, you could always change out the seat for an aftermarket one or add in a gel insert if the stock seat isn't comfortable enough.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi

Thanks for the replies

I'm use to sport bike seats so find the stock seat on the xsr quite plush to be honest!

I'll go for a single seat as I do think it'll improve the lines etc - and I've already removed the pillion pegs.

Probably flog the stock seat on here later at some point

Cheers all

·
Super Moderator
622 Posts
The single seat is a bit firmer than stock but the suede finish is less slippery so you don't slide forwards when breaking. I've gone back to my stock seat (for its extra padding) .... so if you're in the UK and want a pristine single seat at a hefty discount, give me a shout!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi

Defo interested in the single seat!! How much posted to Derbys are you thinking please etc?

Cheers

1 - 6 of 6 Posts