XSR 700 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Twice I have found my single seat loose and unlatched at the end of a ride.....the latest has meant that my tool pouch has gone walkies..... I know I'm getting careless but I'm pretty sure that each time I have carefully clicked it into place ......anybody else had a similar experience or do I just need to be more careful?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did you find the source of the problem? Going to raise it with my dealer at 1st service on Friday ..

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hi guys!
Do you have solved the problems with the single seat?

I thought to buy the Single Seat...but if you had so bad experiences, i think i will give up my order!

·
Super Moderator
619 Posts
My single seat needs to be pushed down quite firmly near the back to ensure that the rear fixing audibly clicks into place. It's easy to assume it's properly located when in fact it isn't locked firmly. I suspect this is what has happened. I'd be surprised if it came loose subsequently - if it did, then there is clearly something wrong with your locking mechanism. The mechanism is exactly the same as the dual seat, so the problem shouldn't be confined to the single seat.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The spring for the latch is pretty flimsy so you do have to bang the seat down at the back to make it latch properly ...a squirt of wd40 on the mechanism and double checking it has latched seems to have cured the problem...the twin seat retains a rubber block which I think adds some upward pressure ...the lack of this under the single unit might explain it also...if it happens again I shall wedge something under the seat to see if it helps, but so far, fingers crossed it hasn't recurred...

·
Registered
145 Posts
Took my seat off for the first time today and refitted it, locked in place on the front which is solid, the seat wont lift off, but there's about 10mm slack at the back. AS in no real pressure lefts me lift the back of the seat up 10mm. Is this normal for a 60th Anniversary seat, assuming there's any difference?

·
Super Moderator
619 Posts
These seats - single or OEM dual - do have a surprising amount of movement when 'locked' into position. As long as it's securely locked when refitted, I think you can assume the movement is normal (for an XSR!). There's no difference between the 60th Anniversary and other colours.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I have an old black Pilates mat that's about 15mm deep. Bit chopped off and placed on the rear of the rear subframe where there's a strengthening plate, and virtually no play now.

·
Registered
55 Posts
No issues all all with fitment of my single seat. Just got to give it a whack to ensure it is mounted properly, it is bloody hard though compared to the standard seat!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts