XSR 700 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys,
some days ago I have bought from Bikerfactory a side bag kit by SW-Motech.

The package is "german style" (really perferct!) and each bag come from a single bag in colonial canvas and each frame is packed with a pluriball bag.
The installation is monkey proof ( :) ) and it perfect fits on our bike.

And now some picts after unboxing and after installation.

Bye OverVolt

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts
I bought the same bag about a week ago. But I had to go for the universal one, since my self-made tail doesn't allow for this attachment system (this one goes too far back). It works pretty well with some straps, but I guess this is more convenient. Whenever I put the bag on or take it off it takes me a minute just to fasten it :).

But I think the style matches the bike really good. Also I think the price is adequate for the high quality you get.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Nice!

I like the look of those side bags.
A week ago I bought the SW-Motech Legend Gear tank bag (LT2, same style as your bags) and I can confirm that the built quality is excellent!
Some months ago I ordered a cheap, crappy universal tank bag and I am happy that I ordered the one from SW-Motech...
Of course the bags are not cheap but you get what you pay for :wink2:

·
Registered
31 Posts
They look great. I wonder if it'll work with evotech tidy tail? Looks like I'll have to choose between those bags and or the tidy tail. What does the mount look like without a bag attached? I only really need one bag for regular waterproof laptop transport.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Hi guys,
some days ago I have bought from Bikerfactory a side bag kit by SW-Motech.

The package is "german style" (really perferct!) and each bag come from a single bag in colonial canvas and each frame is packed with a pluriball bag.
The installation is monkey proof ( :) ) and it perfect fits on our bike.

And now some picts after unboxing and after installation.

Bye OverVolt
Could you tell us how much it cost you? I want to make a comparison between the original parts and SW-Motech

·
Registered
32 Posts
@lukerohde @bbninja You can find prices and pictures of all the parts here: http://shop.sw-motech.com/en/by+motorbike+or+scooter/YAMAHA/XSR+700/index.htm

@lukerohde It looks like the rear of the bag almost touches the blinker on the original tail, so if the tail moves them further to the front it probably wont fit. The one I got is universal, it comes with some straps and has a lot of possibilities to attach. However I had to make two straps myself which go around the saddle. But a waterproof inner bag is included.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts