XSR 700 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After putting engine sliders on I thought I was going to want new turn signals, flyscreen, nice panniers and eventually a euro4 sc project exhaust, but something happened. I rode the **** out of my bike. I am liking the pumpkin retro signals now, wind has been fine at speed, dry bag with rokstraps and net is great, the "quiet" sound has grown on me There is one flaw that truly hinders better performance, the levers. They are really bad for anyone without an XL hand, if using two finger brake, and clutch forget about it, crushing ring and pinkie two fingering. TST looks like a winner with $115 set, they'd stand behind it. CRG looks great, and some others. I know sick prices on Amazon Chinese cnc but the few bad reviews scare me off. Especially when the intent of needing to trust your brakes is paramount. Anyway that is the next purchase for sure.

·
Registered
312 Posts
It's like potato chips, you can't stop at just one accessory.
I kept stock turn signals but added clear lenses to make it a bit different here in the states.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's like potato chips, you can't stop at just one accessory.
I kept stock turn signals but added clear lenses to make it a bit different here in the states.
When I first got the bike I looked for clear cases. Couldn't find them or they were more $ then a flat out TST LED replacement. If you have a link I would like to see for future consideration.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So these were what I was originally considering:

https://tstindustries.com/womet-tech-evos-shorty-lever-kit-yamaha-fz-07-fz-09-fz6r-more.html

$130 includes 2 day shipping and additional black or silver dials instead of red.

These aren't as slick as the pazzo's or ASV's you guys posted, but this is definitely one I am considering since they look solid, have TST backing the build. Could they be rebranded from China/Alibaba? possibly, but I haven't seen the $20-$40 ebay amazon range look exactly like them. They will cost $70 less than the Pazzo's and ASV's.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I got the clear lenses from ebay, vendor name is "max_onepower". There is a current listing up # 113740302459, tagged as "turn signal lens fits Yamaha R1". $19.36 pair. Fit perfect.

·
Registered
320 Posts
dan1>Think they look alot better than the Pazzo ones that looks like the cheap china ones.

·
Registered
44 Posts
You can't go wrong with TST. I have bought many items from them and they don't sell any of the garbage you find on eBay. I have looked at both TST and Pazzo, but I will be going for Pazzo Racing levers myself. They are also quality, made and designed in Canada, but my main reason is that I want to get a long clutch lever and matching shorty brake lever, which you can get with Pazzo. They are slightly more expensive, but I'm ok with that.

·
Registered
294 Posts
To repeat a comment I made in a previous thread:

I think most after-market Aluminium levers, especially with cut-outs, prominent lever tips and very angular ergonomics, are too sporty for the XSR700 and look pretty generic at that (i.e. somewhat sharing the standard $20 ebay Chinese lever style).

The best fit for the bike, imho, are the Gilles Tooling ones (B34-FCLLE / B34-FBRLE-00-00, not the FXLs), although they're only available in a full finger version (and non-folding).

Otherwise some of Rizoma's (specifically the LBJ / LCJ range) seems a decent choice (stupid price alert!).

Personally, I went for a pair of fully Blacked-out CRG RC2s for an industrial and non-generic look. (They also purportedly 'invented' the widely-used "roll-click" reach adjustment system.)
I opted for shorties, although their ergonomics means they're a hybrid size, comfortably allowing 3 finger use, if required.
They also have a neat feature in break-away Delrin tips which are econimically and easily replacable should you damage them in a scrape or drop.
The logo is a but funky for me though, although it doesn't stand out much.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 21 Posts