XSR 700 Forums banner
361 - 369 of 369 Posts

· Registered
Yamaha XSR 700 , 2018
111 Posts
Thank you!

We don't have snow anymore because of global warming. When i was a kid we had real winter and snow for 1-2 months.
Now, winter feels like spring, and there si maybe 1-2 days of snow. The last 3 weeks' temperatures were 12-15C...crazy.
I miss winter and snow so much.

Any snow in Norway?

· Registered
'22
79 Posts
Bike looks badass @gnarlydog :cool:

How's the longer shocklength working for you?
Considering there's like a 1:3 ratio between the shock shaft travel and the actual wheel travel, 10mm extra shock length woud equal 30mm extra ride height, am I right? That'd be pretty significant!

· Registered
436 Posts
Bike looks badass @gnarlydog :cool:

How's the longer shocklength working for you?
Considering there's like a 1:3 ratio between the shock shaft travel and the actual wheel travel, 10mm extra shock length woud equal 30mm extra ride height, am I right? That'd be pretty significant!
yeah, but I don't know how the extra 10mm is calculated: at the wheel or at the shock?
The shock travel is still just stock but the bolt-on position (eye) can be extended via a threaded shaft
I could not get a full 10mm at the threaded adjustment on the shock, more like 6-7mm, which should then give me an extra height of approx 20mm at the wheel

Since I have a lift of about 40mm up front (fork extensions and higher wall tyre) the rear is now kind of balanced giving me a bit of a slacker steering angle, more suited for off-road riding :)

361 - 369 of 369 Posts