XSR 700 Forums banner

261 - 280 of 296 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
We finally had a break in the cold wet weather over the weekend, so yesterday afternoon I was out and about with stops at a newly discovered mural and the county lake. It felt great to be out riding again. Spring is close!

·
Registered
103 Posts
It looks so cool. How do you like the exhaust? I have Akrapovic ( from previous owner ) but the one that is under the bike. I like this one much more.
Funny how this are. Initially I wanted to buy the sc project euro 3 conic but found it to be a bit too loud. Second option was the Akra you have but could only find the one with the carbon fiber tip that I didn't like the look and ended up with the dual that was my 3rd option.
It's a good exhaust, nice tone, not loud. There are 3 things I don't like much. If I drop the bike to the right, the exhaust will get damaged while yours must likely not; it interferes with rear axle sliders (had to remove my evotech); and can't remove pillion footrest (although @hombacher found a clean solution that I like very much and will try at some point).

·
Registered
308 Posts
Since I often use my bike on dirt roads and my weather is rather hot I put on a mesh cover to keep my back comfortable and prevent "monkey butt".
Recently I had the opportunity to buy a second single seat and after shaving the rear "hump" (never cared much for that thing) I had it covered with a custom quilted leather.
Now I have a seat for during the week (city riding) and one for the dirty weekends :)

DEC20_DVM12724 by gnarlydog, on Flickr

leather seat by gnarlydog, on Flickr

leather seat_2 by gnarlydog, on Flickr

·
Registered
308 Posts
I like that balanced 'all road' look of your XSR @gnarlydog , also impacted by the actual heavy rains? Or still enjoying the late summer/early fall?
Rain is falling even where I live but not sure how much is ending in the dams (they were below 50%). Took a ride on Sunday trying to stay dry but then it did rain. It was a novelty to actually ride in the rain and somehow I even enjoyed it. Just had to take it a bit slower in the corners :)

rain puddle by gnarlydog, on Flickr

pissing down by gnarlydog, on Flickr

·
Registered
323 Posts
wuju I didn't know your bike was the 2020/2021 radical red/rapid white. I'd probably go black on the custom seat for that model and not brown, personally.

·
Registered
57 Posts
wuju I didn't know your bike was the 2020/2021 radical red/rapid white. I'd probably go black on the custom seat for that model and not brown, personally.
thanks Dan, i think here in europe its called dynamic white ;D. Im leaning towards brown one tbh, as it looks to me as a more retro option, but more importantly i want to put some gel there for more comfort on longer rides. Im hunting for a used seat to buy and then redone becouse i was told id have to send my seat and wait for 2 - 3 months ;v

·
Registered
323 Posts
thanks Dan, i think here in europe its called dynamic white ;D. Im leaning towards brown one tbh, as it looks to me as a more retro option, but more importantly i want to put some gel there for more comfort on longer rides. Im hunting for a used seat to buy and then redone becouse i was told id have to send my seat and wait for 2 - 3 months ;v
Someone on this board may have an extra oem two up seat they'd sell you. A few riders bought the xtribute thick seat or oem single seat and have the oem two up seat sitting around. Did you consider the xsr flat seat and get that upholstered. Or purchase the oem flat or single seat, use that while your oem two up gets upholstered. Both the flat and single can be found for a good price new.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Someone on this board may have an extra oem two up seat they'd sell you. A few riders bought the xtribute thick seat or oem single seat and have the oem two up seat sitting around. Did you consider the xsr flat seat and get that upholstered. Or purchase the oem flat or single seat, use that while your oem two up gets upholstered. Both the flat and single can be found for a good price new.

Thanks Dan Ill check it out, the prices are really good. unfortunately here my option is to hunt for a used one which there are none atm or oem which is $250

·
Registered
278 Posts
Thanks Dan Ill check it out, the prices are really good. unfortunately here my option is to hunt for a used one which there are none atm or oem which is $250
Hi mate,

I would sell my standard rear seat but you're in Europe? Have to cost shipping. Honestly, as Dan mentioned, look at the XT Tribute seat, looks more retro and is far more comfortable than any other seat options I tried on mine. Part number for the XT Tribute seat is on the forum somewhere.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hi mate,

I would sell my standard rear seat but you're in Europe? Have to cost shipping. Honestly, as Dan mentioned, look at the XT Tribute seat, looks more retro and is far more comfortable than any other seat options I tried on mine. Part number for the XT Tribute seat is on the forum somewhere.
Thanks guys :) I already found used one for a $100 in mint condition. And I already sent it to a company that makes custom seats. They also put gel insert so my ass won't go numb on longer trips ^^

·
Registered
2019 Yamaha XSR700
9 Posts
I finally had some time this weekend to bolt on my center stand, belly pan, Knight Designs lowered footpegs, and a few other bits. I didn't have a problem with the spacers on the headlight bracket until I put the windscreen on, then it just looked goofy. They got pulled after I tracked down shorter bolts.

·
Registered
14 Posts
502516C2-EA17-47B3-BCD4-C05E8848C55B.jpeg
Just back from a blast through Norfolk and Suffolk down to Southwold for seafood and chips at the Sole Bay Fish Co and dodging rainstorms on the way back. My new XSR faultless and fun all the way. Massive stupid grin will be harder to wipe off than all the bugs I splatted on my visor.

261 - 280 of 296 Posts