XSR 700 Forums banner

241 - 260 of 263 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
@gnarlydog any heat/burn issues with that RockBros bag?
I have not noticed any problems with the bag/tube sitting against the radiator guard. After all it reaches a max. of 110C (not sure if that is even on the guard) and that doesn't effect synthetic materials yet. I believe a much higher temperature (like on the exhaust) would however melt the bag Rockbros tube_2_DVM12028 by gnarlydog, on Flickr

·
Registered
49 Posts
Mid-winter in Minnesota - sitting in my shop - decided to get the SN off the (2020 model year) ECU - planning some dyno-work soon. I also plan take some measurements to start figuring out how I'm going to do a tracker tail - I hope to use a OEM seat base and make it a drop on part... we shall see how it works.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I had a stock seat laying around, the one with the brown patch on the rider place. Took it to a local upholsterer and the end result is this. I'm liking the splash of color. The upholstery job was top notch and it is super confy compared with the OEM black flat seat. Th e only issue is that this one has less grip - my legs need to do a bit more work.
What do you guys think?

BTW, gave it also a nice ACF50 bath today that was well over due.

·
Registered
5 Posts
From this afternoon, after last weekends snow storm and rain all week I figured if I was at the ready Seattle weather would let some sun out and squeezed in a couple hour ride!

·
Registered
Yamaha XSR 700 , 2018
42 Posts
I had a stock seat laying around, the one with the brown patch on the rider place. Took it to a local upholsterer and the end result is this. I'm liking the splash of color. The upholstery job was top notch and it is super confy compared with the OEM black flat seat. Th e only issue is that this one has less grip - my legs need to do a bit more work.
What do you guys think?

BTW, gave it also a nice ACF50 bath today that was well over due.

View attachment 25525

View attachment 25528
It looks so cool. How do you like the exhaust? I have Akrapovic ( from previous owner ) but the one that is under the bike. I like this one much more.

241 - 260 of 263 Posts