XSR 700 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Yamaha XSR 700 , 2018
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!

Since I am a beginner I would like to ask you for advice. I bought my XSR 700 at the end of the last year ( 2018. ) model.
The warranty ended last month ( 3.years). The previous owner did services on 1000, 3200 and 5100 km ( that was the last service 04.05.2020.). I am now at 6 400 km.

1.Do you service bike ( small service ) every year at the beginning of the season or on specific km intervals ( 10 000 km ) ??

2. Do you go to the service shop or do you do it yourself? Since I don't have a warranty I would like to learn something so I can do it by myself. I watched videos on the internet to change oil and filter and it seems easy.

Thanks so much!

Ride safe,

Kind regards from Croatia!

·
Registered
87 Posts
1. Every 10.000km or once in a year, as described in the service manual.
2. I would do it myself, but since i am still under warranty i bring it to a service shop.

·
Registered
585 Posts
If you got a user's manual when you got the bike it has the recommended service intervals. If you're not familiar with regular maintenance refer to the book. One of the first things I do when I get a new bike is to also get a service manual and that gives step by step procedures for just about everything. You can become a lot more familiar with your bike when you do your own maintenance and, you'll know it was done correctly or not.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I service all my bikes every 3000 miles, always have, I usually (pre COVID) do 12,000 to 15,000 miles a year. Also do brake fluid, coolant and fork oil every 2 years if I still have the bike. I plan on keeping the XSR for a very long time so it gets pampered, MT09 gets abused in all the shit weather and will do the high miles. It’s still covered in the crud from when I last rode it in November 🥺

·
Registered
24 Posts
I thought Yamaha had 2 years full warranty and if serviced by the book (once a year) they extend engine, drivetrain and electronics 3 more years?
Or is this dependent of the country of buying in?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Sounds like it depends on the country. Here in Hong Kong, a small city where low mileage is typical, we get a 12 month / 12,000km warranty (whichever is sooner). The dealer gives us 6 "free services" which can be used in the 12 months where the customer only pays for parts and consumables.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts