XSR 700 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Figured we're all in this together and although it's not so glamorous let's hear what everybody is using to keep their pride & joy's safe at night!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Yeah I wasn't sure if this would be a touchy subject (advertising your security measures etc).

But I'm personally just looking for some recommendations so if anyone has any, please feel free to PM me directly (assuming that a thing on here! Forgive me if not).

:smile2:

·
Registered
75 Posts
Hi GGeZpZ,

That’s a bugger to write. Have a look at Almax.

I can assure you they’d hold a tank down. Just need something to chain to.

Well worth a look.

All the best

·
Registered
633 Posts
I use, and have used for the last five bikes, a Scorpio alarm system with RFID. Don't worry about anyone messing with the bike. I'll know and have witness the results of someone trying to take my bike, The siren scared the **** out of them and they took off running.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I second Almax.
A very decent product and iirc, they stand by it so much, they'll pay your excess if you can prove it gets cut by any bolt cutters.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks all,

Yes Almax very much on my radar – I'm also looking closely at Pragmasis. Any thoughts on the noose chain vs a regular chain?

Also, any recommendations for lighter 'on the go' solutions for the rear sprocket? Having a measure up it doesn't seem as if anything higher than a 13mm bolt / shackle will get through there?

Already got a weighter 16mm for the elsewhere, but looking to add to the setup.

Thanks again!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts