XSR 700 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!

Just received my 2020 XSR and I'm considering the first mod to the seat. The most obvious option would be retrimming/reupholstering the OEM seat, however I want to keep as it is. This creates the need to purchase an additional seat, or something we can call a base.

Does it make sense to purchase an additional OEM seat and work on it? Or is possible to fit a "universal seat", just so we have a base to work on (something like this - would the mounting points be a major headache)? Or is there even such thing as a "base" I can use? Or any other type of solution?

It's kinda hard to justify +200€ for a brand new OEM seat, throwing pretty much everything in the garbage and then having the cost of an entire new trim. It seems everyone goes directly for the retrimming/reupholstering.

I would appreciate any help or pointers you guys might have.

Cheers from sunny Portugal!

·
Super Moderator
622 Posts
Have a look in the 'Parts & Accessories' section.....lots of suggestions for seats.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I did a solo saddle and a flat track tail/seat so I have a choice between three seats that latch on with a twist of the key. Like that... I'd say do the seat you have then buy one off ebay some time when one shows up.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I did a solo saddle and a flat track tail/seat so I have a choice between three seats that latch on with a twist of the key. Like that... I'd say do the seat you have then buy one off ebay some time when one shows up.
Quoting myself to tell you, today for the first time since I got the solo saddle I rode the bike with the original seat. Less than 10 miles and I can tell you the solo saddle is far better. The solo saddle is flatter and feels wider and more comfortable in spite of it seeming harder.

I originally planned to use the original seat for carrying saddle bags, but it's too narrow at the back and I think I may create a set up to do the bags with the solo saddle. But again the solo saddle has proven to be far more comfortable for me.

·
Registered
38 Posts
How did you do the tracker tail seat? I have stock and a solo (which I like better than stock) - did you build a tracker seat on a stock seat base? That was my original intent when I picked up the solo seat - but now I think I want to keep the solo as an option and get a third seat base to build into the tracker seat.

·
Registered
331 Posts
The seat came from C-Racer through Bellissimoto. Bellissimoto is located in Las Vegas. I haven't really worked with it yet, it needs smoothed out and a bit of bodywork to take care of the rough finish and some imperfections. It is an ABS plastic that I believe is vacuum molded and it has a rough finish on the outside surface. My plan was to wrap instead of paint if I can get a good match on the sticker to the paint match. It isn't going to be a comfortable seat for any sort of longer rides when compared to the solo saddle.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts