XSR 700 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started to fit my SR-i900 to the bike yesterday (mainly out of boredom) and the first thing I discovered was the lack of room under the seat. The alarm itself is quite small, just a little larger than a pack of smokes but I couldn't fit it in without removing the plastic tool holder. Yamaha didn't leave any room they absolutely didn't have to. It will fit when the tool holder is removed and all the connections are right there so routing wires is no problem. I have to order the YAM 13 integration kit to make all the connections plug and play so It won't be completed for a little while but so far it looks like it'll work just fine. I'll do up some pics. when it's complete. The Scorpio is the best alarm I've found and it's a few hundred bucks well spent.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I'd really like to see this installed. I'm curious if this will be a plug-and-play system, and if there's enough space for it on the bike.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here you go, it's been under there all summer and 4000 miles, working fine. I just removed the plastic tray and put a little padding under the seat where I have the tool bag strapped in. I don't expect to ever use the tools though because except for the most minor repair they're pretty useless.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts