XSR 700 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone,

I finally received my sc project conic exhaust after a more than a month of waiting! Unforutantley, after I put everything together, it seems that the o2 sensor is not long enough. No matter what I try to slightly adjust I’m still about 1/4 inch short. A couple questions:

Has anyone else had this issue when mounting this exhaust?
Are there longer o2 sensor cables available for these situations?
I have seen o2 sensor eliminator kits. I am skeptical of these. Has anyone tried to fit one of these on their exhaust? See Here.

·
Super Moderator
606 Posts
This is a known issue with the latest version of the Sonic cone from SC Project - there's a thread here somewhere which mentions it - SC moved the sensor position forward (why?) which makes reconnecting very tight. You might be able to free up some slack by re-routing the feed to the sensor.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
TigerJohn. Thanks for the feedback. I was able to loosen the plugs green plastic connector, allowing for that extra slack. Put everything back together and we are good to go. I will say the pipe runs very close to the swing arm and bottom of the bike.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I experienced the same issue but got through it by loosening the harness. Still very tight, but it works.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts