XSR 700 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone,

I finally received my sc project conic exhaust after a more than a month of waiting! Unforutantley, after I put everything together, it seems that the o2 sensor is not long enough. No matter what I try to slightly adjust I’m still about 1/4 inch short. A couple questions:

Has anyone else had this issue when mounting this exhaust?
Are there longer o2 sensor cables available for these situations?
I have seen o2 sensor eliminator kits. I am skeptical of these. Has anyone tried to fit one of these on their exhaust? See Here.

·
Super Moderator
669 Posts
This is a known issue with the latest version of the Sonic cone from SC Project - there's a thread here somewhere which mentions it - SC moved the sensor position forward (why?) which makes reconnecting very tight. You might be able to free up some slack by re-routing the feed to the sensor.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
TigerJohn. Thanks for the feedback. I was able to loosen the plugs green plastic connector, allowing for that extra slack. Put everything back together and we are good to go. I will say the pipe runs very close to the swing arm and bottom of the bike.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I experienced the same issue but got through it by loosening the harness. Still very tight, but it works.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hiya I’ve just brought a 2019 model xsr700 and want to fit the 2016 sc project exhaust as you have.
(1) did you issue fitting?
(2) have you had any ecu problems

please help me out before I spend the £600

thanks
Russ

1 - 5 of 5 Posts