XSR 700 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, just joined the forum and recently bought a 2018 xsr700. Was looking at changing the stock exhaust to a SC Project Conic exhaust (the one without the catalytic converter). I also wanted to add a Power Commander and possibly a new air filter. Does anyone have recommendations on settings for the Power Commander for that exhaust? I have been having a hard time finding those maps online. Any advice is appreciated. Thank you!

·
Registered
373 Posts
Find the map that best matches the equipment on the bike then, if you aren't happy with that, find someone with a dyno and do the fine tuning with that. Usually you can get pretty close with one of PC's maps already in existence but only using an actual dyno will get you spot on. With the hundreds of variables out there it's not hard to understand why all of the various options are not covered in their map selections.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey Troy, I have ordered the SC project exhaust (without the cat) and was wondering the same thing as you. I found the available options were the Power commander V, which currently does not have any SC project mappings, Rapid Bike Evo auto running fuel module https://www.motovationusa.com/rapid-bike-evo-auto-tuning-fuel-management-tuning-module-yamaha-KRBEVO-106.html?mmyId=104860&mmy=Yamaha-XSR700-2017 , and then the option to use a plug and play from SC project. Others have also told me the bike runs fine without a PC or flash.

I was wondering what route you took, or map you used?

Thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts