XSR 700 Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy folks,

I've just acquired a 2022 XSR700 (US model) yesterday. I'm beyond thrilled with the bike, but it's JUST TOO QUIET!

I'd really like to put one of these SC Project Conic exhausts on mine, however the site only lists compatibility for up to the 2020 year.

I'm curious if anyone's put this exhaust on their 2021-22 model. I can't imagine there are many differences, but you never know.

I've also emailed the company to see what they have to say. I'll update their response here for anyone who might have the question in the future.

·
Registered
280 Posts
No idea if it will fit or not. They moved the cat position from US '21 models to US '22 models. (EU '20 to '21) Not sure if that also changed where the O2 sensor is, but if you compare those items, it should be enough to tell you if the exhaust will fit. Mounting points didn't change as far as I can tell.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No idea if it will fit or not. They moved the cat position from US '21 models to US '22 models. (EU '20 to '21) Not sure if that also changed where the O2 sensor is, but if you compare those items, it should be enough to tell you if the exhaust will fit. Mounting points didn't change as far as I can tell.
Awesome info, thank you. I'll see what I can figure out.

·
Registered
2018 XSR700
255 Posts
Having put an aftermarket exhaust on many bikes over the years, the XSR700 is unique.
The asthetic of a short exhaust (mostly under the bike) is something I like.
But, because the exit is more inline with your ear, even mildly louder exhaust, gets in you helmet.
I bought, then resold 2 full systems, and returned to stock.
If I ever entertain the idea of trying again, I will get one thet extends further back.
I like a little more sound, but not aimed right at my helmet.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Having put an aftermarket exhaust on many bikes over the years, the XSR700 is unique.
The asthetic of a short exhaust (mostly under the bike) is something I like.
But, because the exit is more inline with your ear, even mildly louder exhaust, gets in you helmet.
I bought, then resold 2 full systems, and returned to stock.
If I ever entertain the idea of trying again, I will get one thet extends further back.
I like a little more sound, but not aimed right at my helmet.
Also good advice to consider. Thank you.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Hello
I have this line for sale, if you are interested.
Cordially

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hello
I have this line for sale, if you are interested.
Cordially

Thanks but sounds like you're in Europe, the shipping would be astronomical to get it here to the US.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Heard back from SC Project:

We cannot confirm fitment for this bike.
SC Project has only tested fitment up to the 2020 XSR700 year models. If you could get in touch with your dealer, and if they can confirm that the fitment from 20' to 22' has not changed at all, then you are good to go!

But we cannot confirm at this time.

Looks like I've got some research to do.

·
Registered
45 Posts
What I see, there is O2 sensor closer to the front of the pipe. When I see correctly, the second end is in the same place, that means you will connect it without problems. I had little problem with the redesign of that SC project. The O2 sensor cable was little bit on the short size. Now on the XSR 700 2022 model it looks, you will have the O2 sensor cable too long :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Update: I've ordered a kit!

I had a close look at all the photos I could, and it seems all the mounting locations are the same. The O2 sensor is further back, but the cable should be long enough to reach.

The rep from SC Project I was in contact with said I could return the kit as long as it wasn't installed, used, or scratched, and was still in all the original packaging.

So my plan is to sorta test fit it (without actually bolting it up) and making sure it will fit before I proceed.

I'll update here once I get the kit. Cheers!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I’ve got the euro 5 2021 model and this exhaust on order, from what I can see fitment should be fine. Have you ordered the ecu flash, I read a comment that it may not run quite right without it?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I’ve fitted mine and all is good, it does run a little lean on tick over so at some point I’ll need to get the ecu flashed. It’s definitely louder and sounds better than standard exhaust but still a little quiet for my liking. Has anyone taken the DB killer out or added some more holes to it?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I’ve fitted mine and all is good, it does run a little lean on tick over so at some point I’ll need to get the ecu flashed. It’s definitely louder and sounds better than standard exhaust but still a little quiet for my liking. Has anyone taken the DB killer out or added some more holes to it?
Thanks for the reply, I forgot about this thread 😆

I priced out ECU flashing and decided to go with a Leo Vince underbody instead...for the time being.

I still really like the conic, and would like to go that route in the figure, but for now I'm just gonna enjoy the bike.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts