XSR 700 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As per title. In black. Anyone know where to find these now?

The new ones are euro 4 with underbelly and I’m not a fan.

Sc project 70s conic euro 3

·
Registered
13 Posts
I confirm, about 4 weeks ago I mailed directly with SC- Project (Italy). Eventually I ordered the black version and AFM unit through my Yamaha’s dealer and its trading partner. I expect those parts been delivered soon.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ahh I assumed seeing as they aren’t on the site anymore. They were discontinued for the new EU4 and it’s rules. I’ll get an email sent.
Also check on us site for
Delivery costs. Etc. Cheers!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
All ordered. They have it for the mt07 still. They don’t recommend it for homologation. Fair bit cheaper now too. €765. Thanks guys

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So they had a wait if 3 weeks for manufacture plus shipping they offered this slightly more expensive one instead at no additional cost. Fitted today. Sounds great. Need a dremel to remove the tack weld and that baffle out. Aside from tyres I think I’m done modding!

Attachments

·
Registered
303 Posts
I see one more mod, lol, axle slider and fork slider. Besides that, yea, think you got it all covered :)

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I see one more mod, lol, axle slider and fork slider. Besides that, yea, think you got it all covered :)
Haha strange you say that. I’m sat here looking at a set I bought a couple years ago and never fitted. I don’t think i like them. I put frame hole covers on instead.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Anybody know the difference between these two?

1)
2)

As far as I can tell 1) is older (model year 15-20) and it seems to have the underbelly cat. Which seems counter to what I'm reading above. If Euro 4 is latest standard, why would the older model have the underbelly?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
on the scproject site the euro 3 doesn’t have the underbelly I’m guessing it’s for different countries regulations.

·
Registered
105 Posts
#1 is EURO4 and the only legal solution for XSR in european market.
#2 is EURO3 and in Europe only for EURO3 homologated MT-07 (FZ-07) models.
I guess #2 is louder than #1.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello all,

I'm in the same situation myself now, in talks with SC Project, they're pushing me to get the EURO 4 model but I really prefer the EURO 3 (no underbelly and sounds a lot better in my opinion).
I can easily get the EURO 3 version by going in the MT 07 exhausts page as mentioned earlier in this discussion.
Nevertheless, as SC Project is kind of not recommending me to take the EURO 3,
Could anyone share his experience with it? Any issue mounting it or with its later usage?
I would assume not, considering the picture in the MT07 section for this exhaust even shows it mounted on XSR 700 but still would like to hear your thoughts.

Finally, is it necessary to buy an AFM when mounting this exhaust.

Thanks in advance for your help!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hello all,

I'm in the same situation myself now, in talks with SC Project, they're pushing me to get the EURO 4 model but I really prefer the EURO 3 (no underbelly and sounds a lot better in my opinion).
I can easily get the EURO 3 version by going in the MT 07 exhausts page as mentioned earlier in this discussion.
Nevertheless, as SC Project is kind of not recommending me to take the EURO 3,
Could anyone share his experience with it? Any issue mounting it or with its later usage?
I would assume not, considering the picture in the MT07 section for this exhaust even shows it mounted on XSR 700 but still would like to hear your thoughts.

Finally, is it necessary to buy an AFM when mounting this exhaust.

Thanks in advance for your help!
Fits absolutely fine. Runs great. I had mine mapped in eventually. But not just because of the exhaust. Do a buy!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Fits absolutely fine. Runs great. I had mine mapped in eventually. But not just because of the exhaust. Do a buy!
Oh thanks for replying man! That sounds good.
Just to triple check, my bike is from 2018 and the exhaust is announced for the 2013-2016 MT-07.
Were you in a similar situation as well? I'm just trying to confirm the attachment points won't be different although I wouldn't think so.

Thanks again for the help here.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Oh thanks for replying man! That sounds good.
Just to triple check, my bike is from 2018 and the exhaust is announced for the 2013-2016 MT-07.
Were you in a similar situation as well? I'm just trying to confirm the attachment points won't be different although I wouldn't think so.

Thanks again for the help here.
I confirm, exhaust fits perfectly (XSR 2018) and sounds great ! I have spoken directly to SC Project and my Yamaha dealer- both of them recommended installing at least AFM module. I replaced stock air filter with K&N and modified the air box as well. Don’t hesitate and buy 👍🏻 Some pics below.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I confirm, exhaust fits perfectly (XSR 2018) and sounds great ! I have spoken directly to SC Project and my Yamaha dealer- both of them recommended installing at least AFM module. I replaced stock air filter with K&N and modified the air box as well. Don’t hesitate and buy 👍🏻 Some pics below.
Thanks again for the reply Darek, I really appreciate the help. Your bike looks amazing!
I'm gonna go for it and order the exhaust 🤟

Regarding the AFM module, my understanding is that it increases horsepower and torque so I assume it is not mandatory to install it and can be added later on, right ? Same for the air box and filter ?
Did you feel a noticeable difference in power when you installed yours ?

Sorry for all the questions but I have a hard time finding precise info online and you kindly sharing your experience is my best source till now.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts