XSR 700 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Talk about chucking a grenade in the room. Friend of mine took the interceptor out yesterday and was absolutely blown away by it.
This is a bike with more provenance then a Triumph Bonneville costs half the money and comes with a 3 year warranty!!!
In the U.K. it costs 1200 quid more then a Japanese 125 truly incredible.
And the best bit my mate said lt had a exhaust note you could actually hear and enjoy.
Two were sold while my friend was in the shop, looks like a winner to me.

·
Super Moderator
619 Posts
I saw my first one the other day, parked up at Marazion - certainly looks the part. They seem to have had very positive reviews and, as you say, they've got that 'genuine' authenticity about them - like the Moto Guzzi V7. They don't come close to the XSR for power or handling but as a second bike for some gentle back roads cruising, the Interceptor would be near perfect - especially at the price. I'm not sure about the riding position on the Continental GT - it's probably more a bike for admiring in the garage rather than riding! I should think they'll provide some serious competition for the Bonneville....perhaps Triumph will have to drop their prices a bit!

·
Registered
367 Posts
RE is definitely on a mission and that's to bring the Marque back to the "glory days" it once enjoyed when it was manufactured in England. They have worked their tail off to make sure the quality is there (engineering is mainly in Great Britain) and because it's built in India where labor is cheap, the price is nothing other than outstanding. I haven't had the opportunity to see one of the twins in person but I plan on it soon. The XSR is still superior where power and speed is concerned, but if you like the old Standard look of the twins then you can't beat what Royal Enfield has accomplished.

·
Registered
42 Posts
they had a stall at the MCN Scottish Motorcycle Show 2018 one of my mates was there just to have a look at the Himalayan.
the bike that jumped out at me though was the continental gt it looked pretty menacing in white.

·
Registered
28 Posts
One of my work mates has just ordered a 650 Interceptor. Build quality looks pretty good and very competitively priced.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My mate who test rode it as a v9 bobber / MT 07 / r1200r so he as bikes to compare it to and was absolutely smitten with it.
Very simlar to Kawasaki W650/800 two more bikes with as much provenance as a Bonnie.
For me personally at 6'5" the peg / seat distance will be too tight.
Hope it is a massive success for them, in the U.K. we need every rider we can get on the road and into biking.

·
Super Moderator
619 Posts
Here's TMF's review on the Interceptor 650......

1 - 8 of 8 Posts