XSR 700 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I've noticed that my handle bars can rock forward and backward approx 4mm, the movement is in the area highlighted on the image.....the nuts below that point are tight so I don't understand why this is happening? My first bike so a learning curve obviously!!

Cheers in advance if you can shed some light!
Craig

Attachments

·
Registered
163 Posts
Hi,

I've noticed that my handle bars can rock forward and backward approx 4mm, the movement is in the area highlighted on the image.....the nuts below that point are tight so I don't understand why this is happening? My first bike so a learning curve obviously!!

Craig
Hi Craig,

I believe it's something to do with vibration dampening and is perfectly normal. It was the same on mine but solved when I replaced the bars!

Steve :smile2:

·
Registered
212 Posts
Hi Craig,

I believe it's something to do with vibration dampening and is perfectly normal. It was the same on mine but solved when I replaced the bars!

+1 agreed.

I noticed the a fair amount of movement too.

The following vid demonstrates an interesting mod with washers if you wanted to reduce the amount of dampening.

·
Premium Member
327 Posts
Hi Craig,

Did you replace the riser too as the dampening is in the riser block??

Hi,

Craig
As Said perfectly normal:wink2:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts