XSR 700 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Yamaha flat seat finally showed up, so I think I'm about done tinkering with my XSR. The only thing I'm still looking for is a small bag, similar to the OEM tool bag, so I can store my RAM phone mount and a few other odds and ends. Otherwise, pics and parts list below.

Akrapovic Ti exhaust
FTecu flash
DNA filter and airbox lid
JW Speaker LED headlight
Custom headlight bucket and brackets
Motogadget m-blaze turn signals
Vintech brake light
Evotech fender eliminator
Yamaha flat seat
JVB fork gators
FZ07 fork covers
Rizoma aluminum front fender
Brogue speedo relocation bracket
Brogue helmet hook
Pazzo shorty levers
KiWav mirrors
Grips
R6 throttle tube

Attachments

·
Registered
305 Posts
What headlight bucket did you use? What needed to be modified? I like that type of bucket.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I scavenged the bucket from a different light, it required some cutting, spacers, custom brackets I made, and some trial and error. It looks very similar to what is available from Brogue, so I would recommend just going that route.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I was considering one of the old Honda CB750/900 headlights circa 1980-1982. There are inexpensive repops available on ebay and Amazon. No problem with a bit of rework. I figured I'd see what you worked with on that one. I like the thinner profile over the barrel like shell of the XSR and figure it would be something to work with.

Thank you for the input.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was considering one of the old Honda CB750/900 headlights circa 1980-1982. There are inexpensive repops available on ebay and Amazon. No problem with a bit of rework. I figured I'd see what you worked with on that one. I like the thinner profile over the barrel like shell of the XSR and figure it would be something to work with.

Thank you for the input.
I did the headlight around a year ago, but searching that far back through my email for a receipt, I can't find the exact one I bought. It wasn't off eBay or Amazon, I have those histories. IIRC it was not model specific, just a generic 7" headlight. Like I said, Brogue appears to sell a similar, maybe even same bucket as a builders kit, if that is what you are after. Sorry I can't point you toward exactly what I used.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I actually own a 1982 Honda CB750SC. if you are looking for a bucket light. try 4 to 1 honda.com or dime city cycles

·
Registered
305 Posts
Thanks Rocketdog and Selee, I'm thinking the Honda is the ticket. Ebay seems to have a plethora of cheap stuff, but I think that may be just what it is - cheap stuff. I will check out the suggestions.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hi if I don't change my seat cover for brown, I will go for that flat seat, question is it more comfortable or not how you feel about it comper to the old one.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Hi if I don't change my seat cover for brown, I will go for that flat seat, question is it more comfortable or not how you feel about it comper to the old one.
I only have one 30 minute ride on it, so take this with a grain of salt.

I always thought the stock seat was hard, but reasonably comfortable, similar to a Sargent seat (I've owned a few of those on different bikes). Due to the shape, you really only had one position to be in, but I didn't mind it for my rides which are not usually much more than an hour.

The flat seat seems to have more cushion and give, and also allows for adjusting your position more due to its flat nature. The cover is tackier compared to the slippery stock one. It is definitely a different feel than stock, but so far, I like it. I have short legs, and didn't notice much of a difference reaching the ground. It may be taller, but the profile is such that it seems similar putting my feet down.

I won't get a chance to ride for the next few weeks, so hopefully that helps.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Rocketdog, do you have problems with dirt on the bike because of the short Rizoma fender (front)? Also, where did you bought the fender? Sadly it is not listet on the Rizoma website. Bike looks great btw.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm a fair weather rider, so I haven't noticed any issues. I'm sure it wouldn't do as nice of a job as the original in the rain.

It looks like Rizoma may have discontinued it, which maybe explains why it was on sale at RevZilla when I bought it. That's a shame, as it is really nice.

·
Registered
71 Posts
No. But they forwarded my request to their R&D department, " to see if an update of the fender will be possible in the future".
Today i bought a used one on ebay, the only one i could find regardless of whether new or used.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts