XSR 700 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Some pictures from last weekend after riding 181 to the blue ridge parkway to the Diamondback for a few runs and back.

Attachments

·
Registered
79 Posts
Robzilla; where are you out of?

I'm in Chattanooga and ride up that way some.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I live near Charlotte but am pretty much in Morganton, NC every weekend to see my girlfriend and ride in the mountains 😈.

181 is my favorite road. Clean and fast sweeping turns for miles!

I just had another hip surgery (not motorcycle related) on Thursday and am out of commission for a few months.... cant wait to ride again.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Put on new bars and removed the puig windshield.
Chose the Driven Meteor aluminium bars because of the low height, shorter width and most sweep i could find.
Also added grip puppies. Can't wait to try them out they seem amazing. May be the best 20$ mod out there!
Next week will be putting matching kellermann micro rhombus lights on the front. They have directional (white) running LEDs and amber turn signals.
Looking at the Hordpower airbox to replace the MWR setup, the look is simply bad-as*.
Also looking for options on replacing the front stock light with a full LED drop in.

Attachments

·
Registered
296 Posts
Too bad that Puig shield was such p.o.s., I tossed mine, too. I cut off 1 inch from each side of bars, immediately felt better and my shoulder blades don't ache anymore. I know some have mentioned they want wider, but not me. Height is ok for me.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Too bad that Puig shield was such p.o.s., I tossed mine, too. I cut off 1 inch from each side of bars, immediately felt better and my shoulder blades don't ache anymore. I know some have mentioned they want wider, but not me. Height is ok for me.
handlebar width will effect handling: wider = slower/more stable, narrower = faster/more twitchy. If you feel better with narrow chances are you probably have narrower shoulders. It's good to futz around with ergonomics and find what works best for yourself, and not just for fashion reasons.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, I learned on an R6 and rode that for 8 years. Going to the wide bars on the xsr from narrow clipons was a pretty extreme change. I'm more comfortable with the higher performance of low input with high output, and it suits my riding which is a lot of canyon carving. Also for performance riding i dont have a straight on grip, i hold the grips more like a screwdriver, and when leaning put my elbows more outside so i can be free to move. For straight highway riding and lower speed for leverage and comfort i see what you mean about the shoulder width and the bars, and that makes sense. 👍🏻

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Lol sounds like we have the same riding style.. i was pretty upset with how shitty the puig windshield was. I actually rigged a second mount for it to secure it down cause it flopped like roast beef in the wind, and it solved that issue. Figured with the brand name it would be decent. But the most it did was add some downforce on the front end on the highway and made it feel a bit more planted which i liked. I'm actually looking at those motogo front spoilers to rig something up for a similar effect to mount below the headlight

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I put reflective tape on the rims. They POP when light hits it. These are pictures of it installed (black color tape) with and without flash. Super easy to put on and came with a few extra strips. I put it on to help with night visibility. Should help a great deal for the side profile.

Can't get a link but this is the stuff from amazon:

customTAYLOR33 (All Vehicles) Red High Intensity Grade Reflective Copyrighted Safety Rim Tapes (Must select your rim size), 17" (Rim Size for Most SportsBikes)

Attachments

·
Registered
43 Posts
That's also what I want to add on mine. Not sure about the color, white, yellow, orange.

It gives a nice look.

Did that come in one piece? Or in 6? As I read somewhere.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That's also what I want to add on mine. Not sure about the color, white, yellow, orange.

It gives a nice look.

Did that come in one piece? Or in 6? As I read somewhere.
It comes in 6 pieces per rim, enough for both rims both sides and comes with a few extra in case any get messed up. I chose the black color and like how it came out.

·
Registered
43 Posts
There's a black color? (Miss that info in OP :') Definitly checking it right now, this way won't have to choose a color !

edit: Found, gotta buy'em now. Thanks.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Now you can get rid of those fork reflectors and not have to worry about safety.
Totally agree with you. The best way to get rid of those ugly fork reflectors and keep safe riding.
Didn't even knew about those stuffs :)

Found, gotta buy'em now. Thanks.
Can you please give us the link ? I'm a lazy guy :p

1 - 20 of 24 Posts