XSR 700 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there!

I just received my new Rizoma Crash Bobins for my XSR700.

They look pretty neat!

I just have a question regarding the tightness of the bolts.

According to the service manual the torque for the original bolt is 75Nm.

I saw on youtube a guy installing the same bobins on a mt-07 at 55Nm.

Does anyone knows the right torque for the engine bolt??

Cheers

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have the same Crashpads and I also tightened them just "normally" (i.e. as tight as possible) since I don't have anything to measure the torque. Do you think it makes a big difference if you don't tighten them up exactly as specified? Does it cause any vibration issues or something similar? I experience some vibration at high speeds and I suspect this might be the cause. What do you think?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Hi all,
**** those look a fine looking set of bobbins! Very flash and stylish.

I very recently had the the same query with some Barracuda bobbins? I even mailed the manufacturers, who, almost amusingly replied, "we've never been asked that before so we don't know.".

After sitting with my mouth open for a while, I just went for the 75nm. Alls fine so far.

It must be that if a torque isn't specified it's the standard factory torque for the original bolt I reckon.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Thanks, yeah UK based. Noticed moore speed. Do you know if they come with the end caps? ...will give them a call if need be.

·
Premium Member
327 Posts
Not sure fella, i only looked on your behalf...best thing is to shoot them an email.

·
Premium Member
327 Posts
Good stuff, let us know what they reply... i love that bike, one of my favs ^^^^^^

·
Registered
212 Posts
Defintey one of my faves!! ...moore replied, a week or two to get the part and yep as per the rizoma link/part no with the end caps :) ...will post pics when they arrive.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Hi all,
**** those look a fine looking set of bobbins! Very flash and stylish.

I very recently had the the same query with some Barracuda bobbins? I even mailed the manufacturers, who, almost amusingly replied, "we've never been asked that before so we don't know.".

After sitting with my mouth open for a while, I just went for the 75nm. Alls fine so far.

It must be that if a torque isn't specified it's the standard factory torque for the original bolt I reckon.
I know what you mean. Owning a set of these I might have a hard time taking them out of the box and mounting them on my bike or just have a harder time exposing my bike to certain situations outside.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Hee hee.....heard that YamahaFan! I went out for a country ride yesterday and hit a lovely patch of heavy gravel on the blind side of a bend. A change of trousers later and I'm still grinning.

I fitted these babies to mine. You can buy inserts for the center separately if you like. Quite like this Barracuda stuff..

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hi!

Sorry for the absence, here's a pic of the bike with the bobbins.

Regarding vibrations I haven't experienced any. Everything's ok so far.

Cheers.

Attachments

·
Registered
400 Posts
Looks great. At the same time while I like bobbins in black, because of the color scheme's we get, i'm wondering what other color bobbin will work. Would anyone here go with anything aside from Black?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts