XSR 700 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my bike in January because I just plain got the bug to change rides. There wasn't really a single thing wrong with the old bike and it wasn't yet two years old. I just wanted a change and I guess I had an allusion in the back of my head that a new bike would mean riding. It seems my thought processes were a little off track. It's now coming towards the end of February and we couldn't be farther from a point when it will be riding weather. In fact, after the National Weather Service said last fall it would be a warmer, dryer, winter, it has turned out exactly the opposite, colder, and more darned snow than even Santa would want and the woodchuck simply went deeper in his hole. Check out this picture of me blowing out my driveway yesterday. We don't even have anywhere to put the stuff any more.

Attachments

·
Registered
82 Posts
Got in a couple of hours yesterday; benefit of living in the Southeast of the US.

·
Super Moderator
619 Posts
This side of the pond, we're enjoying our warmest February on record! Beautiful sunshine and no salt on the roads down here (but plenty in the air instead!). Look forward to Spring.....it will come.

Attachments

·
Registered
42 Posts
In the UK the weather is crazy warm 18 deg C so out for a pleasant ride 25/02/19
aye even way up north laddie. only had to use the car once this winter and I'm loving it. i can only recall a couple of days of frost and maybe one with ice all winter.

sunbathing in shorts and t-shirt in the UK during February i could get used to this.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Warm weather please...

I bought my bike in January because I just plain got the bug to change rides. There wasn't really a single thing wrong with the old bike and it wasn't yet two years old. I just wanted a change and I guess I had an allusion in the back of my head that a new bike would mean riding. It seems my thought processes were a little off track. It's now coming towards the end of February and we couldn't be farther from a point when it will be riding weather. In fact, after the National Weather Service said last fall it would be a warmer, dryer, winter, it has turned out exactly the opposite, colder, and more darned snow than even Santa would want and the woodchuck simply went deeper in his hole. Check out this picture of me blowing out my driveway yesterday. We don't even have anywhere to put the stuff any more.

I bought mine Dec. 15th. didn't really need it as well. just coming off of back surgery, I had to much idle time on my hands. but it's been collecting dust in my daughters garage since.
we're now in a very cold snap. (after the snow) Keeping fingers crossed for a nice break in the weather. We have a groundhog here who predicted an early spring. Punxsutawney Phil is his name.
Turns out, he went back into hiding and will not comment on his error!
Here's hoping for at least 50° F seasonal temps, I'll take that about now!

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I bought mine Dec. 15th. didn't really need it as well. just coming off of back surgery, I had to much idle time on my hands. but it's been collecting dust in my daughters garage since.
we're now in a very cold snap. (after the snow) Keeping fingers crossed for a nice break in the weather. We have a groundhog here who predicted an early spring. Punxsutawney Phil is his name.
Turns out, he went back into hiding and will not comment on his error!
Here's hoping for at least 50° F seasonal temps, I'll take that about now!
Riders who live in even the middle latitude states have a much better chance of riding in late Fall or early Spring but us poor devils who live in the Northern tier states just have to suffer and this year has been one of the worst that I remember. Riding was cut short in late October because of rain and cool temps but not any snow for snow mobiles until the middle of January (which really hurt the resorts) and now when the snow should be half gone it's still coming down and cold as all get out the temps here has been below zero almost every morning with highs in single digits. The only hope is we'll have a very nice late summer and fall. We're already planning our winter next year in Arizona.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts