XSR 700 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
"Rider Jacky" Passenger grip handle (grab bar) which bolts onto the fuel cap

Hi All,

I have just received a passenger grip handle (or grab bar or pillion grip) from AliExpress.

Quality feels good as is is CNC machined then anodized with the XSR700 logo laser etched.

It is supposed to be a straight "bolt on" to the fuel cap.
Well it isn't and does not fit...

Here is the link to it, I actually paid around £28 (currency fluctuation means pricing keep evolving).
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/For-Yamaha-XSR-700-ABS-2016-XSR700-Motorcycle-Passenger-Handgrips-Hand-Grip-Tank-Grab-Bar-Handle/32955969196.html

It is supposed to be fitted with the 3 bolt provided, however I do not think it is made for the XSR700 as the base cannot seat flush with the fuel cap due to the central plastic piece.
In addition, if you were to modify the central plastic piece, the handle would sit so low that your passenger would not have the space to fit their fingers through it.

In short, it is not made for this bike, but might fit other Yamaha bikes.

Photos attached for reference!

I would not recommend buying this item and I have opened a dispute with the seller on AliExpress.

I hope this helps people.

Vincent

Attachments

·
Registered
370 Posts
I've never seen anything quite like that thing but I sure don't see how it would help out a pillion rider when it's effectively in the rider's lap. How in the world could a pillion rider even get their hands on it?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've never seen anything quite like that thing but I sure don't see how it would help out a pillion rider when it's effectively in the rider's lap. How in the world could a pillion rider even get their hands on it?
Technically a pillion could put one had forward and grad the handle.

However this one is not designed for the XSR700 so that does not work.

Maybe on an R6 where the fuel cap is flush with the tank and at a higher point.

·
Super Moderator
622 Posts
I think we can safely say that this is one accessory that we can do without, unless anyone's in the habit of carrying a gorilla as a pillion!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I've seen this for sale on aliexpress also but didn't think I'd need it. The machining quality does look good in the photos though, shame it doesnt fit mate

·
Registered
31 Posts
Maybe for carrying child pillion in front of rider and wife goes on the back. I have seen photos of bikes with whole family on board +4 people and the chickens.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts