XSR 700 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

I bought my XSR700 from 2016 (with only 1800km) in July 2020 after getting my Licence and named him Jethro. Now a few months and 6000km later I'm still in love with this machine. My first trip this summer was a 10 day trip to Belgium, Germany, Switzerland and France (with a tent, kitchen, sleeping gear on it). Not an easy first holiday with al the mountains, but this motorcycle is so forgiving and so light that it was very enjoyable and made me a much better rider!

Now I'm getting more comfortable with him and I love how fast he can be :)
First thing I bought was the screen and bags for the holiday, now thinking of buying a new exhaust for a better sound.
I don't now a lot about motorcycles, so I'm using this forum to learn more about the maintenance and what's possible with the XSR700.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Welcome to the group. The XSR is a great bike and although it's a little more on the sport bike side of the spectrum, you've proved that it can play tourer if the rider wants. Have a good time on your ride and be safe above all.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forums!

Good decision and very good approach, just riding. Collect experience by every kilometer. My humble opinion, especially at the beginning of a bike carrier, safe the money, do not spend for an exhaust.

Better invest in a second or third pair of gloves, additional sets of underwear, rainsuit. And if your personal gear is two times completed, go for bike trainings, there are several providers in the Netherlands.
And finally, one trending thing is the increased sensibility in regard to motorcycle noise. It is possible that an exhaust, legal in The Netherlands may cause an unplanned taking out of service abroad.

BR
hombacher

·
Super Moderator
636 Posts
Welcome, Esther. Excellent choice of bike - Forest Green will always remain the best colour!

·
Registered
26 Posts
I am so envious!! It would be so amazing to be able to ride in all those wonderful countries. That is a "bucket list" trip!! Stay safe on your new XSR.

·
Registered
XSR700 xTribute '20
23 Posts
Welcome Dutchy! awesome trip you made, I've just put 500km on mine so enough to practice ;-)... I will swap the exhaust for an SP Project Conic70s (EUR3 model) pretty soon.The exhaust

·
Registered
98 Posts
Welcome Esther, nice find and putting to good use.

Looks like we have the same screen. I am keen to know how you find it on your tours.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts