XSR 700 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Yes they come with 3 velcro strips.Middle 1 goes under the other seat 2 over the top of the seat then it has straps to secure the bottom to your foot peg to stop it flapping around

·
Registered
294 Posts
MCN seemed to think the mounting method for these bags was a PITA unfortunately.

(I can't post links but Googling "sw motech legend review", it's the top result).

·
Registered
72 Posts
MCN seemed to think the mounting method for these bags was a PITA unfortunately.

(I can't post links but Googling "sw motech legend review", it's the top result).
Mine are LC1 version, which sit on a metal frame mounted brackets and not on a saddle strap. I find it easier this way.

Attachments

·
Registered
91 Posts
I have just bought some metal frames from Givi as the Held bags just wern't secure enough for me Also I did think they were pretty close to the back tire!! so hopefully the frame will fix that

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have just bought some metal frames from Givi as the Held bags just wern't secure enough for me Also I did think they were pretty close to the back tire!! so hopefully the frame will fix that
Can you put some pics of that frame?:rolleyes:

·
Registered
91 Posts
yes no problem they should be with me next week sometime they are GIVI TMT2126 says they go with throw over bags too so I thought they would work and they are made for the xsr700
Search Results
GIVI TMT2126 Pannier Rack for Yamaha XSR700 - Motorcycle Planet

·
Registered
192 Posts
For touring I've got the 48 liters sw-motech LR2. Lots of straps to attach other bags if you need the space. Fairly stable when strapped to the passenger's pillion support at the front and to the end of the frame @ the back. Maybe a little too close to the high mounted akra exhaust, but I found that the exhaust does not get unduly hot, and there is some breathing space. I'll post a picture when I get around to it. It's usually not on the bike.

Luis

·
Registered
185 Posts
yes no problem they should be with me next week sometime they are GIVI TMT2126 says they go with throw over bags too so I thought they would work and they are made for the xsr700
Search Results
GIVI TMT2126 Pannier Rack for Yamaha XSR700 - Motorcycle Planet

Really nice! At what price range?

·
Registered
192 Posts
Sw-Motech tail bag

For touring I've got the 48 liters sw-motech LR2 bla bla bla ...
Luis
.. and this is what the "touring mode" looks like:

a bit too close to the exhaust... I may attach a seat "riser" to increase the safety margin.

Luis

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts