XSR 700 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I've been wanting to get some replacement levers for a while now as even after 6 months or so with my XSR 700 I still haven't got completely comfortable with the clutch action - I was thinking that some adjustable levers might well be the answer.

I'd been holding off getting a set as I was wondering about changing the handle bars so was thinking about doing the whole lot at the same time. However about three weeks ago I manged to drop the bike and bend the brake lever so I could do with getting something sorted much sooner. :frown2:

Could anybody recommend a replacement set?

I didn't want to spent that much as, should I change the bars, I didn't want drop a load of cash on a set I might not be able to on the new bars.

Hope someone can help.

Cheers

Gabe

·
Registered
320 Posts
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Yamaha-XSR-700-ABS-2016-2018-Long-Adjustable-Brake-Clutch-Levers-Black/291666589468?hash=item43e8aef71c:g:w7QAAOSwuYVWmQCv
These were the ones I bought - they seem decent quality to me. You just need to make sure you order the pair - I managed only to order one to start with... :(
i bought some of thoose black levers to my XJR1300 and after one summer they looked like this!

Not so black but rather poop brown.
Have mailed them and they responded and asked for the date of the buy.
Then i have not herd one word from them since then.
So i would stay away from misano-moto-import-uk in the future!

·
Registered
65 Posts
They look pretty poor, though they might match the engine case on the XSR! They're not the ones I bought, which have stayed true black, to be fair.

·
Registered
320 Posts
They look pretty poor, though they might match the engine case on the XSR! They're not the ones I bought, which have stayed true black, to be fair.
I got the moore expansive option the Strada7.
And my friend has the Gilles tooling on his MT09 and they are turning blue/purple.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I'm not too worried about the colour, just looking forward to obtaining that which Yamaha failed to provide, a decent clutch action.
Hoping they don't become a mess of corosion in the first winter, a bit of fading I can live with.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts