XSR 700 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m taking apart my -16 XSR700 and I’m having problems removing the rear sensor. The bracket needs a good cleaning...

I’ve removed the screw, and tried prying gently, but it seems really stuck! Any one know how to remove this?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Spray with some wd40 or other releasing fluid, it’s metal in alloy so can get stuck, had same issue with mine and found rotating it slightly in either direction, tapping the bracket with a screwdriver, until it came loose was enough to pull out.

·
Registered
169 Posts
What ToastedB said. I took the rear sensor out few weeks ago to powdercoat mounting arm. The sensor barrel is 7 mm longer than the mounting capture hole, and it can be stained by surface corrosion where it's exposed on the other end. Flip the arm over, brake cleaner can soften/remove surface stains in the protruding barrel.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Whank you both for the help. I used a lubricant and a prybar in the end. It's out now, but if it's still working is anyones guess. I'll find out in a few weeks when everything is going back together :)

·
Registered
591 Posts
Those sensors are not meant to be banged on or distorted. The service manual even says to prevent dropping it. Whatever is inside it has to be able to detect the interruptions in the ABS wheel.

·
Registered
3 Posts
just soaked it with cola in container for a night the next day it will be freely removed . Cola contains acid which can dissolve scaling in aluminum

1 - 6 of 6 Posts