XSR 700 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.

I have removed my rear pegs and looking for a blanking plate or screws any suggestions guys.

·
Registered
75 Posts
As above just drop in a couple of bolts or fabricate a couple of plates.
Please under no circumstances buy the official Yamaha billet covers, I have very few regrets with my extras that I have fitted but those two stripes of metal are massively overpriced.

·
Super Moderator
622 Posts
I used a couple of domed headed allen bolts to plug the threads - seemed a neat and very cheap solution.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi,

I thought the Yamaha ones were expensive too so went with the ones from Bruudt. They're about the same price as the Evotech blanking plates. Unfortunately I can't post links or images yet :frown2:

·
Registered
373 Posts
Bolts

They were M6 x 20mm socket button bolts, about 15p each. I got them from a camper van supplier, here:

https://www.kiravans.co.uk/catalog/product/view/id/1721/s/m6x20-socket-button-screws/
Just curious, don't you guys in the U.K. have what we call "hardware stores" in the States? Generally in a good hardware store you can find all kinds of nuts, bolts, washers, and all kinds of stuff for fixin items at a fraction of the cost of identical OEM. Just take the original with you so you don't have to worry about the right size or pitch.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Good point well made, yes we have shops everywhere selling nuts bolts and everything else you could require.
Next shop to mine marine fabrications could make a blanking plate.
We seem to have lost our way a little I brought the genuine Gilles Yamaha plates to cover footrest mounts.
My son took is peddle cycle to shop for puncture repair!
Must say the Gilles bobbins / chain adjusters were worth the money.

·
Registered
335 Posts
I used a couple of domed headed allen bolts to plug the threads - seemed a neat and very cheap solution.
Same here, got four stainless steel socket head button screws (same as what you have, but the "official name") at Fastenal. click here I think they were M8-1.25 x 12mm or 15mm.
1600028847362.png

Put some anti-seize on them and ran them in. Clean look.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts