XSR 700 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys

Took my bike in for the recall and now I'm seeing a nasty set of cable joiners on the right. Were they always there? I thought the recall was for a cable rubbing on the left. I hope my bike hasn't been butchered! See photos

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
51 Posts
the intervention that they do is just to do the wires that pass before they were left, to the right through an extension cord.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So this ugly and very visible bunch of cable joiners is the correct fix? It doesn't look very professional. I was hoping they'd just shield the cable, add a cable guide or remove the thing that rubs. Even a single joiner block would be better than the all the bulky individual
joiners. And none of it looks particularly whether proof either.

I was thinking they botched my fix, cut the wrong cable bundle and just joined it up with whatever crap they had laying around.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I do not know, I still have to go to the workshop. I had glimpsed the official pdf that yamaha sends to retailers, but I do not remember.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Hi Guys

Took my bike in for the recall and now I'm seeing a nasty set of cable joiners on the right. Were they always there? I thought the recall was for a cable rubbing on the left. I hope my bike hasn't been butchered! See photos

Thanks
I'll have a look at mine tomorrow and see if I have that on mine. I'll let you know.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I've just gone to have a look, I was being a bit lazy as it was only in the garage!

I think they have screwed yours up mate and I'd be taking it back to complain. Mine has been done and you can see how neat the work is.

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for confirming.I remember why I used to do all my own work on my previous bike. I wonder what I should do?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Maybe they did chop the wrong cable by accident?

Either way I would be taking it back mate, looks like a right bodge job. Not sure what they can do about it now but it's not right.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Probably not the wrong cable

Actually looking at it from another angle, the skinny cable has been rerouted, now the fat cable is hanging down on the rub point. So they've move the correct cable, thank goodness. I wonder how they joined and extended yours? Maybe they've could have hidden that cluster of joiners better.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yamaha customer relations has confirmed the work is 'not complete' and asked me to take it back to the dealer.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi, Here is mine after recall...looks like another alternative way of doing it. Do you think the exposed connector could be a problem in wet weather?? Cheers

Attachments

·
Registered
321 Posts
Did you bring up that it looks completely horrendous and they said they'll fix it? Or was the "incomplete" line the excuse...?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi Guys

Thanks
What an absolute pigs ear they made of that..... You should name and shame the cowboys that did that.

·
Super Moderator
622 Posts
I think its DIY for me!

Reading this thread makes me think I'll ignore the recall and sort some extra protection for the offending section myself. I don't want to end up with exposed connectors and/or a visual pig's ear of a 'fix' on my pride and joy.:frown2:

·
Premium Member
327 Posts
Reading this thread makes me think I'll ignore the recall and sort some extra protection for the offending section myself. I don't want to end up with exposed connectors and/or a visual pig's ear of a 'fix' on my pride and joy.:frown2:
Same here...if i can sort it myself i will, what's happened to pride in your work these days!!!....you can't trust anyone to do a decent job anymore:frown2:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts