XSR 700 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went with the brogue fender eliminator kit and added an LED light strip with running/brake/turn signals. This is a pic of just the running lights and I think it came out great. The $11 amazon LED strip is actually very impressive and adds a lot of light to the rear of the bike,
I was concerned about visibility. Let me know what you think!

Attachments

·
Registered
219 Posts
That does look good
Last Sunday I went for a ride with somebody that had a similar tail end as yours but to be honest I found it to be dangerous: I never knew when he was braking and nearly hit him a few times when he suddenly stopped in front of me. His light was waaaay too dim to be seen.
Make sure cars behind you can actually see you when on the brakes, in daylight hours too, not just as night.
Hard to say from your pic if your light is actually bright enough for following traffic; getting rear ended is no fun :-(
Ride safe

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You nailed it, exactly my concern! I think the current setup is actually brighter than stock, however, I still need a good sunny day to verify. I'll get better pics up when weather permits, we've been having some crazy windy/rainy weather here lately.

·
Registered
367 Posts
it would be easier to see how well it shows up if you could take a video of running/brake and turn signals so the difference between them can be seen

1 - 4 of 4 Posts