XSR 700 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys & gals

just purchased a Green xsr700 a week ago and I love it! Just completed my Enhanced rider scheme today and My instructor noticed my seat was loose. Upon inspection, I found there was no mounting bracket at the front of the seat? The key bracket is fine, but the front bracket is missing. Does anyone have a part number for it? (2016 Reg)

one more thing, I noticed a cable dangling down from the right hand side of the seat with come kind of connector block on the end. Does anyone know what this is for? and if it’s usable?
Many thanks in advance.

·
Registered
158 Posts
That cable is for an Optimizer battery charger/top-up unit to connect to if you're keeping the bike off the road to keep the battery in good nick. Mine had one fitted when I bought it but I took it off and used my own placed under the seat where the screwdriver normally goes. If you trace that cable back to the battery by removing the tool tray you can remove it from the terminals and chuck it unless you have a compatible Optimizer unit.

Don't think you're missing a bracket, the front rubber bumper on the seat locates in that slot in the tank, where you can see the imprint of it - but I'll check mine tomorrow for you.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Yeah, that bracket is actually missing.

Parts would be:
B34-F1946-00-00

90201-07081-00 (4x) You could get the screws and washers cheaper at the hardware store

92017-06014-00 (4x)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That cable is for an Optimizer battery charger/top-up unit to connect to if you're keeping the bike off the road to keep the battery in good nick. Mine had one fitted when I bought it but I took it off and used my own placed under the seat where the screwdriver normally goes. If you trace that cable back to the battery by removing the tool tray you can remove it from the terminals and chuck it unless you have a compatible Optimizer unit.

Don't think you're missing a bracket, the front rubber bumper on the seat locates in that slot in the tank, where you can see the imprint of it - but I'll check mine tomorrow for you.
Ah brilliant! Need to cable tie that out the way somewhere. That’s real handy knowing that!

There’s definitely a bracket missing as the front has nothing to clip into.

·
Super Moderator
601 Posts
The seat clip is on a bridging piece (earlier diagram) which sits above the tool tray. You can see where the 4 allen bolts that secure it would normally be located. If you bought from a dealer, ask them to supply the missing part urgently - the seat is not secure without it (even with it, you'll find it still moves a bit!). If you bought privately, contact the previous owner and ask whether he's got it lying around in his garage - leaving it out might have been an oversight (though a pretty careless one).

Reactions: Mav617

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The seat clip is on a bridging piece (earlier diagram) which sits above the tool tray. You can see where the 4 allen bolts that secure it would normally be located. If you bought from a dealer, ask them to supply the missing part urgently - the seat is not secure without it (even with it, you'll find it still moves a bit!). If you bought privately, contact the previous owner and ask whether he's got it lying around in his garage - leaving it out might have been an oversight (though a pretty careless one).
Took your advice and I’ve just contacted the dealership and they were very apologetic, they are saying that that part is on back order, but they are dealing with it. I didn’t even think to contact them!

·
Super Moderator
601 Posts
Took your advice and I’ve just contacted the dealership and they were very apologetic, they are saying that that part is on back order, but they are dealing with it. I didn’t even think to contact them!
If they had a quick look around their workshop, it might just turn up! I'm guessing they gave the battery a good charge before you took the bike away - the bracket would have been taken off (assuming it was there) before accessing the battery terminals. It's 'unfortunate' that a loose seat somehow managed to slip through their rigorous pre-sale multi-point checks......

1 - 10 of 10 Posts