Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)

Attachments

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi krm, does it come with the Japanese flag already sticked on, or did you add it yourself ?
No it doesn't. Comes with the guard a side. I've stuck it because amused me, but I don't think it will last too much there.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yup, fork kit and rear shock. Exhaust and air filter and a fairing with a new handlebar.
Waiting for everything to arrive.

·
Registered
19 Posts
i went for some Gilles frame plugs, and a rattle can of satin black for the rad side plates.
Plugs are well made but expensive, never thought of the rad hitting the ground when the bike is dropped.
Better not drop it then :frown2:

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
i went for some Gilles frame plugs, and a rattle can of satin black for the rad side plates.
Plugs are well made but expensive, never thought of the rad hitting the ground when the bike is dropped.

@RedDog, Great idea to paint the side covers! It gives almost the same effect as the original ivata covers, for one tenth of the cost.

Is the front cover the original yamaha one?

·
Registered
27 Posts

@RedDog, it's good to see another of our 60th anniversary! I was also thinking about doing the same thing, however, I am a newb when it comes to spray painting. Can you or someone advise some quick tips or steps on how it is done to achieve that look? It is beautiful and a perfect match for our color scheme.

I am assuming these are aluminum? So I have to look for satin black spray paint for aluminum correct? and also, not sure if I need to do prepping work or just go right into? If so, what kind of prepping is needed?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Oops, just noticed this post was from last year! Sorry for bringing back an old thread!

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'm looking to do the same thing. Would be great if someone could confirm if any prepping is required. Also would be good to hear from Reddog if the paint has held up.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts