XSR 700 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evening all, I have had the XSR700 in mind for a good year - 18 months...almost did the deed last year but got a triumph speed triple (955i) instead....

I do love the Triumph. It's sound. It's solidity... But I feel it's a little too much machine for me.

So, local dealer has a 2017 XSR700 at a good price. I'm going to book in a test ride.

I heard it started up today, it's all stock. I couldn't believe how quietly it purrs. What am I needing to Google to see what my exhaust system upgrade options are? I don't want super loud...but more than a kittens purr...

Sitting on the bike I immediately felt when feet on the floor that the foot pegs were exactly in the way....any others feel this?

What other mods are there, and UK prices...crazy money or sensible?

I love my Triple, but my head has been turned...can anyone tip me over the edge...

·
Registered
49 Posts
Evening all, I have had the XSR700 in mind for a good year - 18 months...almost did the deed last year but got a triumph speed triple (955i) instead....

I do love the Triumph. It's sound. It's solidity... But I feel it's a little too much machine for me.

So, local dealer has a 2017 XSR700 at a good price. I'm going to book in a test ride.

I heard it started up today, it's all stock. I couldn't believe how quietly it purrs. What am I needing to Google to see what my exhaust system upgrade options are? I don't want super loud...but more than a kittens purr...

Sitting on the bike I immediately felt when feet on the floor that the foot pegs were exactly in the way....any others feel this?

What other mods are there, and UK prices...crazy money or sensible?

I love my Triple, but my head has been turned...can anyone tip me over the edge...
Hey! Welcome!

I can't really say if you are going to be satisfied coming from the triple. What I can say is that I use to ride CB500 Honda, and the XSR is definitely a big upgrade. The bike is really good. And I ride it with full pleasure. It's already part of my weekend routine to relax. Imagine A bike that is fast and strong for its weight but so good to ride, that it even relaxes you.

Of course, I miss a good top case to store things, but overall the bike is awesome. And very fuel efficient. No problems whatsoever. As long as Yamaha gives me good assistance for years to come, I'm not willing to change bike. Not even for the XSR900.

·
Registered
633 Posts
The XSR700 is a light, agile, and quite powerful (for a 700) bike that's easy to ride and quite economical at the same time. There are 600 fours that are faster but not as easy to ride or as easy to manage. I've had an FZ07, FZ09, Bolt, and now the XSR700 for my last four bikes. All good bikes with slightly different personalities. Right now the XSR is fitting the bill. Tomorrow, who knows? It's mainly up to the individual rider and what that person is looking for. Personally when I'm looking and sometimes when I'm not, I look at all the reviews done by the professionals to see what they like......and don't. Then I try to make up my mind from what they all have to say.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi, I’ve come a similar route to the XSR700, last year I chopped in my old 900 Daytona, as with my advancing years and arthritic knee it was not ideal for my daily commute. So decided something a little lighter and more town friendly was the way ahead.
I visited a local dealer and arranged a morning of test rides, and back to back rode the 700 tracer, Suzuki SV 650 and finally the XSR700.
I went for the XSR not just for the looks but because it’s such an easy bike to ride, great around town and fine for a quick blast down the dual carriageway and the local lanes. But above all, for me, comfortable.
After just over a years ownership I’m glad I went down the XSR route.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Those pegs, yes. When you put two feet down they can be in the way. But at stoplights I always keep my right foot on the peg/brake, and the left peg doesn't bother me as the bike is slightly tilted.
Different ideas about the stock exhaust. Some like the stealth mode, some go for an aftermarket.
I test rode a Kawasaki Z650, the Honda Cb650r and the XSR. All three very nice bikes, but I felt most comfortable on the XSR. I also immediately 'trusted' the ride and with it's bottom torque and flickability it was most fun.

·
Registered
320 Posts
I came "down" from an XJR 1300 Racer to my XSR700 and i love the little nimble and fun bike.
Everytime i ride it i have a blast.
Have i missed the 1300? yes sometimes but never when im riding my XSR.
But then again i miss all my old bikes from time to time.
Not once have i felt that the power of the 700 CP2 is not enough.
Then the sound the sound is just amazing and just love to crank it.
Then comes the economy and it´s another amazing thing.
The insurance is ridiculously cheap and the mpg is also good.

The Akra it came with!

And the Yoshimura it has now!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts