XSR 700 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Today I replaced the genuine headlight with the 7inch LED headlight from Purpose-built-Moto and am super happy with it. Although, I am not sure if I should keep the flyscreen on it - I kinda like it, but the bike looks a lot more 'muscular' without the screen.

Attachments

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I don't see why it should be a fake. It says that it has been homologated in spain (E9) for low (HC) and high beam (R). For me that's enough, and for the TUV and police it should be too. I am willing to take the risk :D

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Just for clarification and for users who might need this information in the future:

I attached a screenshot of the approval document for this headlight. You can see the approval number HCR-PL-E9-00.1235.

Additional to that, you see that the manufacturer of the headlight is Guangzhou Rayton Lighting Technology.
And in the webshop of this company, you will find exactly the same headlight. At the product pictures, you can see the e number. I have to admit, it looks fake, but i think thats chinese tolerance.

Attachments

·
Registered
91 Posts
Like you, I wasn't sure I liked the fit of the Yamaha flyscreen with the Purpose Built Moto headlight when first installed. But the look has grown on me. So for now I am keeping the flyscreen until I replace attachment brackets and the turn signals with some lower profile sequential lighting ones later this year.

Attachments

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Like you, I wasn't sure I liked the fit of the Yamaha flyscreen with the Purpose Built Moto headlight when first installed. But the look has grown on me. So for now I am keeping the flyscreen until I replace attachment brackets and the turn signals with some lower profile sequential lighting ones later this year.

Acutally, a picture of your bike in another thread brought me to the idea that it is possible to use the screen with a 7inch headlight. But for now, i decided to leave it away.

·
Registered
2018 XSR700
257 Posts
I hated the stock headlight (and turn signals) so much, I basically rode my bike a couple hundred miles, and parked it until I can rework the lighting.
I LOVE the motor! I have ridden about 20 street bikes, this is my favorite balance of power-torque-gearing of them all.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts