XSR 700 Forums banner
41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
2018 XSR700
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
I gass-bead finished the header, took all the shine, and weld-bluing off.
It should color up alot like a Yosh "works" finish.
I like the sound, it's "just" loud enough. (for me) :giggle: (y)
The ECU is "en route" to 2WDW for a flash, as I write this.
I should get it back in a couple of days.

Attachments

·
Registered
2018 XSR700
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
2WDW lived up to their word, they signed for my ECU at 12:48, flashed it, and sent it THAT DAY.
I live so close I recieved it one day later (today).
I put it on, started right up, sounds prefect.
I have family in town, dinner plans etc.
Tomorrow, I ride...
I will then follow up with sound and performance impressions.

·
Registered
2018 XSR700
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
After all that drama, I am very happy how it turned out. The fueling is noticeably smoother throughout the rev range. And after an hour ride the pipes have barely changed color. The engine temps stay lower. The increase in sound is perfect (for me). The sound is awesome under hard decel-rev matching. It was a fairly expensive, drawn out process, but what the hell…

Attachments

·
Registered
513 Posts
Nice, if you are happy, then everything is fine.

My experiences with Leo Vince were disappointing all over the last decades. They have a nice pricing, often a very nice design, but up to now, they always created some poor exhaust sound or better said annoying noise. Often combined with a loss in power at every riding situation.
My earlier XT1200Z sounded like the XSR700 today, both with Leo, in my opinion very poor sound design.

[..]And after an hour ride the pipes have barely changed color. The engine temps stay lower. [..]
Oh please, do not say something like that nor spread the nonsense what that flashers have written on their website. A combustion engine fires with 2000 to 2500 °C, the exhaust temp is at 800 - 1000 °C, I do not believe that this money collect institution really changed the engine temps. That is story telling. But as said, if you feel good and comfortable, everything is fine.

I expect your header pipes will change their colour a little later when riding. With glass bead blasting you densified a little the surface. And you know, that the colour you see, depends on the thickness of the oxide layer on the surface and how deep the oxygen was able to get into the surface. Here it will just take a little longer.

And yes, the Leo design with 'under the engine' is just a beauty, I liked it a lot at RC8 or Duke III for example. Even current MT-09 did it quite good.

·
Registered
2018 XSR700
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 · (Edited)
My engine temps are lower due to the fan setpoints in the ECU Flash, not from exhaust design. And yes, after a few more hours of riding, they will change color. Sound is very subjective, this thread is named "Poked a hole" for a reason. I only wanted a subtle addition of sound, so I could actually hear the bike. Most aftermarket exhausts are far too loud for my liking. This one is about HALF as loud as the Two Brothers one I tried. That suits me just great.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts