XSR 700 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I would like to get some suggestions for weatherproof saddle bag which is suitable for a grey XSR700.
I am looking for a not-so-expensive solution for travelling with my bike.

Also is there any rainproof tail bag which can function as a back pack as well while I go to gym with my bike? (and which I can attach to tail while traveling long distance with my bike)

thanks in advance

·
Registered
6 Posts
Aytek, I bought the Kreuga US30 Drybag. I can't recommend it enough. It's not cheap. It doesn't function as a "backpack" but it does come with a shoulder strap for carrying when not on the bike.

It is waterproof and I actually put a small backpack of gym gear inside the Kreuga, alongside work clothes daily. There's even room with this to carry some shopping home after work. It has a tonne of room. It fits well to the XSR700. Very easy to set-up and clip in place. You can also easily upgrade but adding other kreuga bags for longer trips. Kreuga does sell a backpack version, but I just prefer to ride with nothing on the back. Check out their website. Sportsbikeshop stocks them.

·
Registered
324 Posts
How much cargo volume are you looking for? I think sw-motech has some dry bags that doubles as duffel bags, though I've never tried them before.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Aytek, I bought the Kreuga US30 Drybag. I can't recommend it enough. It's not cheap. It doesn't function as a "backpack" but it does come with a shoulder strap for carrying when not on the bike.

It is waterproof and I actually put a small backpack of gym gear inside the Kreuga, alongside work clothes daily. There's even room with this to carry some shopping home after work. It has a tonne of room. It fits well to the XSR700. Very easy to set-up and clip in place. You can also easily upgrade but adding other kreuga bags for longer trips. Kreuga does sell a backpack version, but I just prefer to ride with nothing on the back. Check out their website. Sportsbikeshop stocks them.
Craig, thanks for detailed information. I am going to check out Kreuga Bags, also I found that sw motech has similar products as GogglesMcoy suggested. Both of them looks nice.
PS: BTW, I think the correct spelling is Kriega 0:)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How much cargo volume are you looking for? I think sw-motech has some dry bags that doubles as duffel bags, though I've never tried them before.

Sw-motech is more popular than Kriega in my country (in terms of sales). So I think I will go with sw-motech.

If you can recognise the dry bag which can double as duffel bag from the below list, that would be another great help :grin2:

http://shop.sw-motech.com/en/by+motorbike+or+scooter/YAMAHA/XSR+700/index.htm

I will use bags for 3 main purpose which the most frequent usage will be for carrying gym clothes, which is basically a shoe, a short, a tshirt and water... the other 2 usage will be carrying some market shop stuff and for future, I would use them for long distance travelling (which I have no experience yet)

·
Registered
18 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Does anyone have a Kriega US20?
I was wondering if I would fit a 15.6" laptop inside (379 x 250 x 30 mm) because in that case, it would be the perfect bag for my trips to work :)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Serg, I think a 15 laptop will fit ,but will spread the sides a little taking away some storage if u trying to load it up.My laptop is 23cm wide x 33 cm long. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Also trying to find a goo saddle bag. Bough the Vuz saddlebags but will be returning them. Unimpressed with the fit and too many dangling straps. Also didn't have a handle for carrying off the bike. It's tough finding something that is good looking, not insanely expensive, fits the bike, and has good usability.

Any success stories are gratefully accepted!

Are you guys also buying side bars to support the bags? Would be nice not to have the extra expense, but i get why it's necessary.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts