XSR 700 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everybody,

As you probably already guessed, this post is about the mods I've done on my bike :)
After almost two years, I managed to got the bike I was looking for. My XSR didn't stay stock for a very long time.

I'll start with the pictures hoping you'll like it.

I'm working on gathering the information concerning the mods I've done (I've done a lot).
If you have any question feel free to ask, in the mean time I'll do my best to post an accurate mod list with models / brands.

PS: One more mod I didn't already done : Change my Pirelli MT60RS for Dunlop TT100GP (not released yet but about to in a few days in my country)

Attachments

·
Registered
303 Posts
Not one for the murdered out look, but yours is done pretty well due to the additional graphics. I do like the headlight set up and the Motogadget instrumentation. I also would be curious about fitting it and more information on the headlight set up, mount/bucket.

Good job.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Was the Motogadget speedo plug and play? Did you lose any functionality?
I didn’t loose anything because I used the «*Breakout Box B*» from Motogadget. You must use it if you want to keep all the functionalities. The speedo is not plug and play at all ! I had to buy the speed probe because it wasn’t compatible with the stock one. My mechanic told me it wasn’t, I didn’t do this mod by myself since it was quite hard. I also had to buy the air and temperature probes 😕
Love the result but it’s very hard to install.
The other difficulty was due to the fact I choosed to use the XSR 900 right switch «*mode*» button in order to manage the motoscope pro. Not easy but once again I love the result.

Not one for the murdered out look, but yours is done pretty well due to the additional graphics. I do like the headlight set up and the Motogadget instrumentation. I also would be curious about fitting it and more information on the headlight set up, mount/bucket.

Good job.
If you want to have more information about the headlight go to this thread : https://www.xsr700forums.com/#/topics/3529?page=2

Feel free to ask if all the information you need aren’t is this thread.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
By the way I’ll add a picture of the motogadget m-blaze pin turn signals when switched on because they are pretty cool and really powerful

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Here is an updated set of pictures of my bike with my last mods : Dunlop TT 100 GP Radial tires.
Next step ? Enjoy 🙂
I think I'm done with the mods (for now)

Here is a list of the mods I did on my bike since I bought it 2 years ago :

- LSL XN1 Handlebar (painted in black)
- Engine and clutch carters painted in black
- Headlight Orbit front lens with Motodemic Low Profile Headlight Bucket and Highsider brackets (stock headlight bracket totally removed)
- S2 Concept front fender
- JVB Gaiters
- Motogadget Motoscope Pro speedo with customized BMW Nine T bracket
- Motogadget - m-Blaze Pin turn signals
- Handlebar grips from "Alchemy Parts"
- LSL flat bar end weights
- Rizoma One mirrors
- Custom seat from NMB Design (France)
- Vintech rear light
- Gilles Tooling adjustable rearset
- Gilles Tooling rear footpeg
- XSR 900 right handlebar switch. I use the "mode" button to manage the Motoscope Pro Speedo
- Gilles Tooling brake and clutch levers
- S2 Concept plate hanger
- Akrapovic double exhaust painted in black
- Dunlop TT 100 GP Radial tires
- Dark rear brake fluid reservoir
- Radiator side guards removed (awful and useless)
- Alloy front radiator protection from radguard.com.au
- Gilles Tooling rear and front black axle covers
- Gilles Tooling black frame cover set
- Black fork from the 60th anniversary edition (bought on the Yamaha website)
- Front, rear fender and fuel tank painted by Aerographik (Maincy France)
- And some parts painted in black

My very last mod would be to find a way to paint the fuel tank cap in black 🙂

Attachments

·
Registered
198 Posts
I am not a fan of all-black motos but the graphics on the tank (and guards) tone it down and make it tasteful.
Kudos for NOT bobbing the tail, something that looks often so ghetto to me, especially if with stock seat. Now that I see the whole bike, those Dunlop TT100GP suit it very well (at least for looks)

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
I am not a fan of all-black motos but the graphics on the tank (and guards) tone it down and make it tasteful.
Kudos for NOT bobbing the tail, something that looks often so ghetto to me, especially if with stock seat. Now that I see the whole bike, those Dunlop TT100GP suit it very well (at least for looks)
Thanks for your message 😉
About the tires I can tell you they are not only beautiful, they have a really good grip. They are known as vintage performance tires.
I would totally recommend them over the Pirelli MT 60 RS and Phantom Sportscomp as well !

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Since I can't edit my previous post, I'm just going to post another one to update my very last changes on my bike.

I decided to paint my gas cap in black (ceramic coating) in order for it to match the overall look of my fuel tank.
I also decided to change my grips for the second time since the (poor quality) rubber was damaging because of my gloves.
I've decided to go for the more pricey Barracuda Classic Grips. I hope those ones will last longer...
I did manage to remove the «*barracuda*» branding on it with some acetone ;-)

Should be my last mods if the grips are as durables than their price is high

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
I also decided to change my grips for the second time since the (poor quality) rubber was damaging because of my gloves.
I've decided to go for the more pricey Barracuda Classic Grips. I hope those ones will last longer...
I did manage to remove the «*barracuda*» branding on it with some acetone 🙂
LOVE those grips and bar ends. Really classy, and nice work on the tank!

Is this painted or a wrap?

Nice bike!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
LOVE those grips and bar ends. Really classy, and nice work on the tank!

Is this painted or a wrap?

Nice bike!
Thanks Anthony.

The bar ends quality is really pretty good. For the grips I don't know yet but I love the way it looks : vintage rubber style with black alloy which give it a modern style. Once again I hope it will last longer than the previous ones bought on Alchemy Parts website.

The tank is painted by a local and talented french painter, no wrap here.
By the way I like your headlight lamp. Looks good what model is it ?

·
Registered
26 Posts
The tank is painted by a local and talented french painter, no wrap here.
By the way I like your headlight lamp. Looks good what model is it ?
Nice, what colour was your tank before?

Also quite interested in your seat, was this based on the original seat, or a completely custom build?

The lamp I fitted into the brogue kit was very similar to this one https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/303294855686

There are a lot of this exact design floating around, and they vary wildly in price. I suspect they all come from the same factory in China.

Either way, it’s certainly bright enough and the build quality is far better than I expected. Time will tell as to it’s longevity, but I’m not riding in either rain or dark a whole lot!

I am planning on putting a grille over the lamp too to tone it down a tad.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Nice, what colour was your tank before?

Also quite interested in your seat, was this based on the original seat, or a completely custom build?

The lamp I fitted into the brogue kit was very similar to this one https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/303294855686

There are a lot of this exact design floating around, and they vary wildly in price. I suspect they all come from the same factory in China.

Either way, it’s certainly bright enough and the build quality is far better than I expected. Time will tell as to it’s longevity, but I’m not riding in either rain or dark a whole lot!

I am planning on putting a grille over the lamp too to tone it down a tad.
The tank stock color was shiny black. My painter painted it in black matte + the triple tuning fork logos and stripes in yellow.

The seat had been modified by a saddler in Nice, NMB Design. I had to send them the whole seat, they made the mods then sent me my seat back for around 600 euros. Quite expensive but the quality is amazing. Love the look and it’s very comfy !

On the pictures I thought your headlight was an adaptative one, not the same price 🙂 but it looks good

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Not planning to change my grip, but those look gorgeous, nice addition.
Thanks !
I must confess that I was a little bit afraid that they wouldn’t fit the overall look of the bike.
The alloy part over the «diamond» shape rubber gives a very modern style to the grips while what I wanted was a vintage style.
But at the end it seems they are not that bad 🙂

1 - 20 of 21 Posts